The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Summing and Mbox Pro s/pdif output
Old 16th October 2013
Here for the gear

Summing and Mbox Pro s/pdif output

Hi guys,

In short, i am running the spdif output of Mbox Pro to the digital input of the Dangerous Dbox and then monitoring through the DAW mode of the dbox. However I cannot see this signal in the spdif outs of the Mbox pro control panel...so I am not sure if the signal passing through spdif is just my stereo print track which has been assigned to the spdif out, or the whole mix pre-summing?

Some background, I am using the Dbox with a Mbox Pro and PT10 and using high quality mogami cables. I have the sum signal coming in through inputs 3/4 on the Mbox pro and coming into an Aux track which is then being sent via a Bus to a stereo audio track for printing. This is all fine. I can monitor both DAW and Sum.

The problem is when I monitor the DAW signal the sound does not change when I tweak the Trim nob on the Dbox, although I can see the level in PT change. On the aux track I have an Ozone mastering plugin, i might not print down with it but I would like to be able to a/b the mix through it. When I activate this too I cannot hear the difference, but i can see the levels change. This is all while in DAW mode on the dbox. I've tried with and without Input only monitoring.

So my suspicion is that my Spdif out on the mbox pro might be taking the whole pre summed mix and not just the assigned spdif outs on the stereo print track. In the Mbox Pro control panel I can't see a Spdif signal either, however obviously some signal must be coming through if I can monitor DAW through the Dbox.

Please help, going round the bend trying to fix
Haba
Old 14th October 2017
Gear Nut

Did you get this figured out.
Didn't seem like there was a single **** given.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search