The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Powerful Home Studio Equipment
Old 15th October 2013
Here for the gear

Powerful Home Studio Equipment

Hi guys,

I want to upgrade my home studio equipment but I'm not sure what to choose...

The think is that I produce lots of dance music, specially hardstyle/house, and sometimes I have to record and master few local bands, and for example when I do some music on my equipment right now, it doesn't sound good... because there is too much processing going on and it sound more like effects for the world war 2 movie, there is lots of cracks and it's just sound terrible and I can't work on it...

SO ! Right now I decide to do a list of equipment to get because its nearly Christmas and some music equipment will be cheaper.

I need to get decent sound card and monitors.

I thinking to get something form RME, but I'm not sure what will be the best for me, I need to have small latency level, and up to 12 channel inputs for miking the drums... The sound card need to be quite powerful to take whole project process I thinking about :
*RME Babyface
*RME Fireface UCX
*RME Fireface UFX
I will definitely get one of those.

Now it's time for monitors... I was using Tannoy Reveal, but the low range are not good enough for me, and the sound is quite different on them, when I comparing the song on different better monitors. I'm thinking to get one of those :
*Yamaha HS8
*Genelec M030
*Acoustic Energy AE22

I had a change to listen few songs on HS8 and I pretty like the sound form them, I have to compare those 3 choose in the store, but I like to have some opinion form you guys.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

RME is great, Yamahas are great, for the money.

However, the Babyface is 10 channels max. Get a Fireface for recording drums.
Old 15th October 2013
Here for the gear

Do you think that there is massive difference between RME Fireface UCX and RME Fireface UFX ?? because if these sound card are similar I will go for the Fireface UCX
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search