The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
mixer servicing (ny)
Old 28th September 2006
Lives for gear

mixer servicing (ny)

i've got an Allen and Heath GL 3 24x4 that i quite like...but it needs a little work

could really use a cleaning...a few scratchy pots...two scratchy faders...
and lately...my left main channel has had a few problems...

occasionally the sound will go from it's normal signal to a very quiet VERY quiet signal...

either way...i'd like to have some a bit more profficient (knows anything) with electronics than me...

what do you think something like this would run...assuming there weren't any serious repairs in line...and does anyone have anyone to recommend...

if in the city...anyone in brooklyn or queens...that'd be a little more accessible to me as i'm from long island
Old 28th September 2006
Lives for gear

ooh interesting about the intermittence of the output...

it doesn't seem to be the output...it seems to be whatever connection there is from the channel/bus section to the master section....

i have the two channel return hooked up to listen to a second source (cd player) and that works fine....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search