The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
A few reverb ramblings, questions, advise, PCM's..
Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear

A few reverb ramblings, questions, advise, PCM's..

I've slowly been chipping away at getting up to speed on the Lex Native pac. Right off gravitated to and finding lots of use for the new 'Room/ambience group- I love it! I want to see but haven't yet how it compares with the two rooms in the 90.

As typical for me, where I struggle though is with the bigger spaces.
'A, don't use them much, b'- they often seem to be harder to find and fit' what I'm looking for.
So a question- regarding one of those spaces.. and how to get there..?
You sometimes here a large backdrop' where at least a good portion of the return seems to be well placed but rather not very diffuse group of echoes of the voice making up part of the 'hall behind a vocal for example.
My first attempt with the native RandomHall didn't fair to well. Coming from the pcm90 and in particular the pcm80 has 'post delays, I know how that is one way to get that solution there.
The RandomHall..? You get two pair of delays, no pans (or use up two with the same time and use levels for a 'balance pan?!) Setting the verb diffusion low, but then you get no diffusion on the echoes.
Help me out here (please
The rooms' (and halls etc) are sounding great, but am I missing (or are there some tools missing here?
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear

Well rereading some in a 480 manual it seems I had forgotten some basics and may have found where I was looking in the wrong direction.
I.e;
Quote:
"As SHAPE is raised further, the buildup and sustain remain similar, but now a secondary sustain appears in the envelope, at a lower level than the first.
This secondary plateau simulates a very diffused reflection off the back wall of a hall, and is effective in creating a sense of size and space. This reflection becomes stronger and stronger, reaching an optimal loudness at a SHAPE value of about 128 (1/2 way up). "
I think having used post delays in the 80 for this, I got into a mindset of 'design the verb, and setting the reflection' as two separate things.
Oh boy. Back to it. '
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search