The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
poor stereo imaging
Old 13th October 2013
Here for the gear

poor stereo imaging

Could having a brick wall on one side and panel on the other cause your soundstage to fall apart?I'm thinking that's why my not sturdy.
And my brick wall keep in mind this brick wall runs around to the back wall also.What can i use to get better soundstage?Keep in mind behind the speakers is panels also it's just to the left and right of the speakers that is brick/panel.I followed the Audyssey guide word for word.

My setup is denon 1612
Center polk audio cs 2
Front left and right Polk audio monitor 65t
Surrounds polk audio monitor 40's
No sub

Old 13th October 2013
Gear Guru

panel and brick are both hard surfaces

while brick may be "harder" than wood in the sense of dropping an egg on it, or walking on it for hours on end, for the purposes of reflecting sound they should be fairly similar

if the panel is loosely attached or has an open space behind it, it might act as a resonator bass trap, but the high frequencies - which is where you get most of your localization cues from - will still reflect off it pretty well

Quote:
Keep in mind behind the speakers is panels also it's just to the left and right of the speakers that is brick/panel.
if your whole room is made of hard walls the sound may be bouncing everywhere and creating interferences that compete with the direct sound off the speaker. Why not start by treating the first reflection points? I think listening rooms deserve treatments as much as tracking rooms.

If you have it on for normal stereo, there is also the possibility that your center speaker is messing with your imaging. How does it sound with just the left and right speakers on when playing stereo tracks?
Old 13th October 2013
Here for the gear

What would you suggest getting for treatment i have gotten the stuff from wal-mart the matress foam and hung it on the walls it didn't seem to make a different.I'm looking to try to keep it cheap like say under 50 if possible if not well at least under 100.

Old 13th October 2013
Lives for gear
To add to what joeq has posted, how far away is your sitting distance..?. Can't really see exactly ,but looks like you may need to spread your speakers out a little more, which makes what joeq said about your center speaker more relevant..Are you running this in a surround mode.?
Old 13th October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatchman View Post
To add to what joeq has posted, how far away is your sitting distance..?. Can't really see exactly ,but looks like you may need to spread your speakers out a little more, which makes what joeq said about your center speaker more relevant..Are you running this in a surround mode.?
I try stereo and surround mode no different really also i'm sitting from my tv 10.11. also have 2 walls about 4.5 from the edge of the tv

I'm heading to bed i check tommrrow and work on the system when i get up.
Old 14th October 2013
Here for the gear

I have a protractor what degree would i need to put the front to speakers for movie watching? and also on the protractor i use 90 for center and then for left and right what would i set them to?My width is 13ft in the room and 20 longness
Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

Just got my imaging pretty well some songs it blares more in my right ear but other then that seems to be working
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search