The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mondotunes success?
Old 12th October 2013
Gear Nut

Mondotunes success?

I recently switched from Tunecore to Mondotunes because of Mondotunes lack of yearly fees. My trax supposedly went live 10/10/2013. I have yet to see a single sales report or even find my material on any site. I do not want to make a judgement yet, because I am hoping this distribution will turn out to be better than the previous.
Anyone else have any real experiences with success through Mondotunes?
Please only facts, not what you heard.
Waverunner
Old 13th October 2013
My band (Rock Bass ) uses MondoTunes. Our album went live on all of the sites the day that it was supposed to. No problems here, satisfied user.

Here is our album on Amazon (notice that "MondoTunes" is our label).

http://www.amazon.com/Garbles-Explicit/dp/B00C7JCUR8
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Nut

Thanks to your link, I was able to track down a link of my older material.

Amazon.com: Waverunner - EP: Waverunner: MP3 Downloads

Now if I could just get to those sales reports.
Old 13th October 2013
Cool stuff! It takes a few months for the first royalties to come in I think.
Old 13th October 2013
Deleted #255447
I've never used the service, but out of curiosity emailed to ask whether or not artists/labels have the ability to pick and choose which stores get distributed to and if possible to do exclusives with retailers - answer to both questions was yes. Being able to opt out of all streaming sites (Spotify etc.) and only release via the "cooler" genre specific boutique stores is a big positive IMO.

Have any of your releases been denied by boutique shops? My only real concern would be that some retailers (those very same genre specific boutique shops) may flag labels using the service as consumer/hobbyist grade mass marketed, rather than established serious professional... other than that, seems like a good little service. Interested in hearing how you guys get on with em.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search