The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Joe Meek Sc3, how is it... Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 23rd November 2003
Gear Maniac

Well, my point is not that the mic pres are in the way. But if I could swap them for the option of a post/pre option for the EQ, I would. The very best thing would be what Symetrix did on the 528, to have separate ins/outs for each part of the channel strip. You just connect all parts to your patchbay and set things up the way you want them. Can't get more flexible.

You're the business man here, so I'm sure you're making the best decision on what to put on the market. You asked for people's opinion, and here's mine: Not being able to choose which comes first of EQ and comp puts the ATC-2 a lot lower on my list of units to check out than it otherwise would have been.

As before, just my .02 SEK...

Cheers
/Henrik
Old 19th January 2004
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by alanhyatt
[B]...... and dual compressors that are FET, very much like 1176, and are just way cool.
....the Toft FET compressor will also give you compression effects and color if you want, but it can also control a vocal and not distort on the peaks as it is smokin fast.
I've been wanting to ask this for a long time... since I can't find specs on this anywhere:
How fast (attack) can this unit be??? Can it be used as a poor man's 1176???

and are the EC-1 and DC-2 already for sale??
Old 23rd June 2014
If I may expand to metaphysical considerations I'd tend to mitigate Alan's preference in terms of legacy, both item-bound and history-bound. In that sense, if not outworn, it could well amount to +9 hundreds. Let's put aside the details as to ''how [the SC3] stands'' with regard to the last of this rare high-end series, the SC4. Those and Tfpro's line of products seem a little bit under-assessed w/r to Eli's, no ?
If this SC appears not suited to many sources*, it handles better than many compressors and still helps a creative sound-n'-gy. As the op'manual boasts it, SC's compression curve intensifies treatment. With some risk of 'loosing one's way" [Liam Watson], one can add value to incoming signals. In that, late SC's (not the 2.2's) stay true to the spirit of JoeMeek I believe. This more-than-log curve which drains over the opto-coupling I especially appreciated at mixing stage, in spite of surely outdated conversion.

*Its by-product distortion of his own (i.e. its proper way of harmonically distorting, due to its components) brings an artificial sound. Some mod' would have it better I guess.

Last edited by Voivodinevampyr; 23rd June 2014 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Shortening

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search