The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Reamping Bass with an IBP
Old 26th September 2006
Lives for gear
Reamping Bass with an IBP

So I recorded my bass at home through a Sansamp Di into my TG-2 and then into my Motu 24io. I later found out that if I want to use the reamping tool on the IBP, I would have had to have recorded a direct line right into the soundcard and nothing else. So my questions is....can I reamp the amplified Sansamp DI signal without damaging my SVT or IBP?

Jason
Old 26th September 2006
Lives for gear

Yes.
Old 26th September 2006
Lives for gear

Dude, you can pretty much re-amp everything. At Mercenary we L-O-V-E re-amping. So you shouldn't worry about what you are re-amping, that doesn't really matter. What the IBP is doing is changing the signal level from line to instrument, which is what your guitar amp wants to see.
Old 27th September 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwinter View Post
Dude, you can pretty much re-amp everything. At Mercenary we L-O-V-E re-amping. So you shouldn't worry about what you are re-amping, that doesn't really matter. What the IBP is doing is changing the signal level from line to instrument, which is what your guitar amp wants to see.
I knew I'd get a usable sound if I reamped the signal, I just wasn't sure if something bad was happening behind the scene's in the IBP or SVT....but I guess the IBP takes care of everything. thx for the help.
Old 28th September 2006
Lives for gear

I'm mixing a record now where the bass was:

bass->Avalon U5->Manley Voxbox->1" 16trk. Then dumped via Motu24i/o to computer and later on reamped: DAW->IBP->bass amp->mic. The signal coming out of the amp was *exactly* (actually better, due to the Avalon) how I hear my signal coming trough it on gigs.

The IBP rules. I need 3 more !

Herwig

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search