The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Midas Venice F32: difference between Made in England and Made in China
Old 18th September 2013
Here for the gear

Midas Venice F32: difference between Made in England and Made in China

Hello everybody!

I'm thinking to buy a Midas Venice F32 console.
I used a couple of times a Made in England version and I liked it: someone have compared Made in England and Made in China version? Chinese one now costs half the price of the first English one...

Thanks
Old 18th September 2013
Gear Head

I am pretty sure there is no
Difference. Same circuit. Possibly some components have Chinese suppliers, but same spec.
Manufactured in China is a good thing from a cost point of view. Designed in China is another thing though - I would be careful about those products.
Old 18th September 2013
Gear Maniac

Doesn't Behringer own them now? They probably just moved production to one of their Chinese plants. I'm sure someone will correct me if that's incorrect.
Old 18th September 2013
I'm pretty sure you're right about Behringer owning them now. Behri has dedicated factories in China, and there were a lot of issues with the first run of x32's. Not sure about the quality of current Midas consoles if they're being made in China now.
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesolipsist View Post
Doesn't Behringer own them now? They probably just moved production to one of their Chinese plants. I'm sure someone will correct me if that's incorrect.
That's actually a misnomer.
Both companies are owned by Music Group, a company chaired by Behringer's founder Uli Behringer.
Old 18th September 2013
Gear Nut

I recently picked up one. While I can't compare it to an early English run, mine works great. No quality issues whatsoever. It's actually built much better than I would have expected for such a low price point. Sounds damn good. EQ's live up to the hype. It's way punchier than I would have imagined.
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

I might be mistaken, but I don't think there were any production F32 that were made in England. My first F32 console had a serial number below 100 and it was made in China.
Old 19th September 2013
Lives for gear
I think the confusion is that the Venice 320 and the Venice F32 sound like they should be the same thing (both 32 channel Midas consoles designed mostly for live work). The 320 is the analog only version built in England. The F32 is the firewire interface version built in China. As to differences in quality, I'm not sure...
Old 19th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob1 View Post
I think the confusion is that the Venice 320 and the Venice F32 sound like they should be the same thing (both 32 channel Midas consoles designed mostly for live work). The 320 is the analog only version built in England. The F32 is the firewire interface version built in China. As to differences in quality, I'm not sure...
The Venice 320 were basically just Dynacord mixers with a Midas badge.

I think the new ones would actually perform better since the have XL3 preamps and EQ (one reason I think they should have ditched the 'Venice' moniker).
Old 19th September 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enginearing View Post
The Venice 320 were basically just Dynacord mixers with a Midas badge.
The older venices were built in the bosch owned dynacord factory, that's all. The signal chain has few in common with any dynacord mixer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enginearing View Post
I think the new ones would actually perform better since the have XL3 preamps and EQ (one reason I think they should have ditched the 'Venice' moniker).
As for the new Alex Cooper pre, it's not the same as the XL3, it's a brand new design. Though you "think" it "should" sound better, I'd certainly keep my original german made venice instead of the chinese one.
Old 19th September 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltones View Post
I might be mistaken, but I don't think there were any production F32 that were made in England. My first F32 console had a serial number below 100 and it was made in China.
Here is a picture of an F32 made in England:

http://www.midasconsoles.com/assets/...ar-VF32_XL.jpg
Old 19th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgioreboldi View Post

You'll notice it doesn't have a serial number. I do believe they made a few in England for demo purposes when they were launching the line but production consoles? Not sure about that one.
Old 19th September 2013
Gear Addict

No serial number, that must be the prototype :D
Old 19th September 2013
Here for the gear

I used one of the firsts that arrived in Italy, but I didn't check if it was made in England: I supposed it was...
If it was a chinese one... Midas did a great job
Old 24th September 2013
Here for the gear

Firstly I would like to say hi to every one. Secondly I can a sure you that there is no difference in the build or the quality. I have worked for Midas Klark Teknik for 13 in Kidderminster and in china. A few of the early Venice were made in Kidderminster that much is true but even then the Pcbs were made in china.
There is also no difference between the German English or Chinese Venice.

There some interesting and funny threads on here, I'm enjoying reading comments on behringer and mkt products, no matter how wild.
Old 30th September 2013
Lud
Gear Addict

Hi all,

Is there a difference between the venice 240/320 and the f24/f32 in term of soldering? Is one made point by point and easier to fix in case of issues and the other one is a surface mount consol?

Cheers.
Lud.
Old 11th July 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgioreboldi View Post

now the photo has MADE IN CHINA text
Midas changed it
Old 11th July 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lud View Post
Hi all,

Is there a difference between the venice 240/320 and the f24/f32 in term of soldering? Is one made point by point and easier to fix in case of issues and the other one is a surface mount consol?

Cheers.
Lud.
The 240 is a pain to fix. It took me forever to find a tech that willing to work on it. With that said, these consoles take a beating. Ours had water leak straight onto it from the ceiling after a pipe burst while it was on. It worked the next day except for one channel.
Old 17th September 2015
Gear Head
Hi guys,,,,I don't know the real story....I would listen to people experience.

But, anyway, I found this:

MIDAS VENICE F16 " MADE IN ENGLAND " - #2368377 - su Mercatino Musicale in Mixer Analogici

The price is pretty high for an used unit....

any comments on the rear panel photo?
or photshop??
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search