The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sweetening or Surgical?
Old 7th September 2013
Lives for gear
Sweetening or Surgical?

I'm currently tracking with a SH mono gama and a inward connections brute. Was looking to do some eqing on the way in as well. I was told to go surgical vs sweetening on the way in due to the fact I'm lacking a treated room. What do u guys think. I was looking at either the electrodyne 511 for sweetening or the gr 32eq for surgical. I do primarily hip hop and rnb.
Old 7th September 2013
Lives for gear
Hey!

I would say you simply need to throw up a mic, listen to what you got, and ask yourself...do I hear something I don't like, that I want to take away...or...is this lacking something that I want to try and add with eq. Another option would be to get a different mic to use side by side, so you have something to compare depending on the singer. Although an eq may be more useful come mix time.

Anyways, I don't have any experience with either of the eq's you mentioned. So maybe pick one, try it, and see what you think. If you don't like it you can always trade/sell it for the other.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search