The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
using electribe to trigger plugin ?
Old 6th September 2013
Gear Head

using electribe to trigger plugin ?

i have a electribe em-1 . did anyone ever use one to trigger drums or synth pluggins ?
Old 6th September 2013
Gear Head

i also have a microkorg i would like to add to the mix.. if i could use one of them i would be happy
Old 6th September 2013
Not sure why you would want to do this ... the sequencer in a DAW is much more stable than using an external sequencer of any sort. It makes more sense to trigger your external sound modules from a DAW sequencer, but only if the external sound module makes a tone that you can't get from your plugin sound sources.

But having said that - creativity comes from creating your own rules to funnel your ideas, so why not experiment.

If you have a drum brain with trigger inputs you could always connect audio outputs from a beat box to replace the sounds ...

I'm not familiar with these Korg products, but if they output midi notes you could always sync them up to your DAW and record the midi notes into the DAW. Then you could trigger any plugin sounds you want. Personally, If there was any pattern I liked in a beat box I would just recreate it in my DAW sequencer - I find that easier than messing around with cables and stuff, but it all depends on what you want to achieve ...
Old 6th September 2013
Gear Guru

I like hardware interfaces. I can't seem to even suffer through mouse/keys drum programming. I am actually planning to buy an electribe for its step sequencer. I would probably record the MIDI onto a track and edit from there in cubase, like Kiwi sort of said. I think it's a great idea. The MPD32 was a game changer for me too, regarding drum programming (performance, really). Sometimes live tapping is preferable to a loop.
Old 7th September 2013
Gear Head

overtracking with an electribe can be very enjoyable

for example "native instuments fm7" is a software ,it has tons of sounds
you can click the keys with your mouse or keyboard stokes.

since my microkorg and electribe have midi how could i use one of them to control the software?

Native Instruments FM7 at zZounds
Old 7th September 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzycat View Post
overtracking with an electribe can be very enjoyable

for example "native instuments fm7" is a software ,it has tons of sounds
you can click the keys with your mouse or keyboard stokes.

since my microkorg and electribe have midi how could i use one of them to control the software?

Native Instruments FM7 at zZounds
connect them to your recording interface with a MIDI cable, from the midi out jack of the instrument to the midi In jack of the interface

from there it's just a matter of digital routing. Make sure your midi "device" is active in the DAW software , then, just match the correct midi channel to the sound source of your choice. I think usually this involves setting up a "midi track." you pick the input your korg is on, and send it to whatever plugin you want to load up, and assign to this track. you can also arm the midi track to record the midi input, to get it permanently "in the box" as a regular DAW track which you can further manipulate, loop, edit, mix, save for later replay when the korg is unplugged
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search