The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
hardware guitar pedal as vst aux send in cubase?
Old 5th September 2013
Lives for gear

hardware guitar pedal as vst aux send in cubase?

I have Scarlet 2i2, Can I use my hardware guitar pedals as vst send effect in Cubase, to run my Drums and Softsynths through them?
Old 6th September 2013
Lives for gear
Yes. There will be an impedence mismatch. Sometimes it still sounds okay, sometimes not. Generally, you either need to reamp to the pedal and the DI from the pedal to a preamp and back in. You can also substitute a reverse passive DI for the reamp if you are careful with your levels.

I've done this a few times before, but it is certainly cumbersome.
Old 7th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris carter View Post
Yes. There will be an impedence mismatch. Sometimes it still sounds okay, sometimes not. Generally, you either need to reamp to the pedal and the DI from the pedal to a preamp and back in. You can also substitute a reverse passive DI for the reamp if you are careful with your levels.

I've done this a few times before, but it is certainly cumbersome.
can you explaine me step by step what to put where, and how to open it in cubase please
Old 7th September 2013
Gear Addict

I use this for mono effects : Keymaster

It takes care of the impedence mismatch. In cubase you go to the VST connections menu, and choose the external fx tab. Here add a mono bus, and set the IO correctly. Then you just use it as a vst effect.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search