The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What would you do??? Questionable email.
Old 14th November 2003
Lives for gear

What would you do??? Questionable email.

I just got this email....

Hi,

I'm interesting with your Parker Nitefly Mahogany and I want to buy it without bidding.
How much the estimate total cost of the order including FedEx shipping fees to Jakarta, Indonesia?
About the payment, I prefer to use VISA/Mastercard directly to you. You can use your credit card machine or borrow from your partners who have it to process the card payment.
If you agree with me then we can continue our deal.
Please advise and confirm me as soon as possible and I'll provide you with the credit card details to proceed with the payment next.

Regards,
Nurila Andesita
Old 14th November 2003
Forget it is my advice.
I've had a few similar emails.
Old 14th November 2003
I think Indonesia is an ebay 'dificult' area, one to be very wary of... Some folks put in their ads that they will sell to anywhere in the world BUT that area...
Old 15th November 2003
Lives for gear

It's a scam. You might as well just send it to them as a gift.
Old 15th November 2003

What he's not telling you is that the card he will be using does not belong to him. That's why he doesn't care how much he pays. Cuz he won't be paying for it! For some reason there are tons of stolen CC numbers in Indonesia. You know, like there are all those tragically dead heads of state in Nigeria and their families want you to help them get $43,000,000 (FORTY-THREE MILLION DOLLARS) out of the country...
Old 15th November 2003
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by EveAnna Manley
What he's not telling you is that the card he will be using does not belong to him. That's why he doesn't care how much he pays. Cuz he won't be paying for it! For some reason there are tons of stolen CC numbers in Indonesia. You know, like there are all those tragically dead heads of state in Nigeria and their families want you to help them get $43,000,000 (FORTY-THREE MILLION DOLLARS) out of the country...
What thats not true..
I was counting on my cut to buy new gear.
Old 15th November 2003
Gear Maniac

well that's scam for sure..they are persuade you to take credit card payment..well just ignore it..
as for stolen cc, you can get it easily just by hangin out on some MIRC channel..
noe
Old 15th November 2003
Jam
Lives for gear

Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam To paraphrase an old Monty Pyhthon Song.
It happened to a friend of mine with a USA strat exactly the same MO
Avoid !!

Jam
Old 15th October 2008
Here for the gear

Nurila Andesita's credit woes

Poor Nurila Andesita:
He seems to be having trouble buying anything - we've been batting emails to and fro about a camera of mine he wants to buy, too. Apparently, he'll only take it if he can use his credit card . . . he suggests I get a friend of mine to clear it for him. Won't use PayPal, bank transfer, cheque, money order, traveller's cheque . . .

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search