The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Aux send to guitar pedals / Reamping question? Audio Interfaces
Old 23rd August 2013
Here for the gear

Aux send to guitar pedals / Reamping question?

I recorded a song last weekend, and wanted to send a saxophone part to the Sub Ocatve Fuzz on my Line 6 M9, so I set a send to output 5 (Pro Tools 10, fwiw) set at unity gain. I ran a TRS from output 5 of my Profire 2626 to the M9, sent the output of that to input 1 of my Profire (through my Soundcraft board insert), and boom, signal. I set it to about +6 to get the levels right, but it still sounded thinner and different (bypassed M9) than the original signal, and it always swelled into the first transient of the line, over about 1.5 seconds.

Am I doing this totally wrong? Balanced line can't go into the M9 / need a reamp box / other problem I'm not thinking of?
I still got a good enough take I recorded from it, edited to blend, but I'd like it to work right.

I can put up an audio example if needed. (GearSlutz Noob here, what's the preferred host for linking audio examples? WeTransfer / Soundcloud?)

Thanks!!
Old 23rd August 2013
Lives for gear
Thinking its a guitar pedal so its prob not balanced. It may not like or work the same with line level....depends on specs if it can handle line level.
If it works with line level In, then the output should go back into an interface Line in unbalanced.

If you go line out of 2626 balanced to a reamp box then reamp unbalanced out to m9 (instrument level), then m9 output should prob go out to an unbalanced instrument input on the 2626.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search