The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neumann TV-a. What are they?
Old 28th July 2013
Here for the gear

Neumann TV-a. What are they?

Cleaning out a box of old stuff that's been kicking around the studio for what seem like forever, I found several Neumann TV-a and TV34-b amplifier cards.

They are well made multi-pinned discrete solid state cards with transformers.

I can't find any information about them.

Anyone know what they are?

Thank you.

Michael MacDonald
AlgoRhythms, Brooklyn, NY
Attached Thumbnails
Neumann TV-a.  What are they?-img_0229.jpg   Neumann TV-a.  What are they?-img_0230.jpg   Neumann TV-a.  What are they?-img_0231.jpg   Neumann TV-a.  What are they?-img_0232.jpg  
Old 28th July 2013
Lives for gear

Neumann made mixing consoles in the 1970's and maybe into the 1980's. I am not exactly sure when they started or stopped making them. The Neumann consoles were great products but they did not sell enough of them to make money and Neumann got out of that end of the business. They made the modules inside the consoles including microphone preamps, compressors, equalizers, and the various line amps and distribution amps. Many of these consoles have been parted out and you will see people rack mounting the excellent preamps and eq's they contained. The boards you have look like parts of a Neumann mixing console, but I am not sure exactly what parts. The only person I know of that might know is Martin Schneider at Neumann. I believe his email is [email protected] If that does not work, you can contact him through the Neumann.com website. He has access to their files and can usually answer those types of questions. I am sure all the transformers and components on the cards are top shelf but I don't know if these are useful for anything practical or not.
Old 29th July 2013
Here for the gear

Thanks for your reply. I'll contact him for more info.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search