The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Please give a listen and give some tips on mixing it better
Old 14th September 2006
Lives for gear

Please give a listen and give some tips on mixing it better

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=516588

please read lyrics/story for what I did and why sucks a little more than it should.
In the mix I used sends for reverb the snare. The Delay on the lead guitar, was supplied by my guitar pedal, I used a Shure beta 57a to record -5-6 months ago... yikes! The Master fader had the digirack III limiter ( gentle limiter) and the powR noise shape 3. Well, that is it! THe rest just "trying" pan manually and using automations and mixing levels. I basically re-did this to get my hands dirty in midi programming. Let me know how bad it is in a nice way, please.
Thanks
Old 14th September 2006
Lives for gear

Oh yeah, the tune is Crazy Blues Jam , sorry
Old 15th September 2006
Lives for gear

bump
Old 15th September 2006
Lives for gear

Make the rythm guitar stereo, or pan the lead left. Kill the auto-pan in the beginning. Kill some of the drum room sound (I love room tone, but it's too much). Add in a little OH's, and try to gell the kit better.

Turn up the bass a db, and cut some 250hz on it.
Old 15th September 2006
Lives for gear

Hey thanks ! I did what you said and bounced another mp3 and re uploaded it. Take a listen and tell if it worked out better?

BTW when I finished the submix, I bounced at 24 bit to multimono. THen I created a new session, imported the bounced session, created a master track, inserted the massey mastering limiter (last time I used the digi compressor/limiter)and last I insert powR to 16bit. Does that sound right? Was it good to bounced the submix as I did and make the new session for the master fader? Is that what you folks do?
Old 17th September 2006
Lives for gear

Randy, did you listen yet?
Old 18th September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzface777 View Post
Randy, did you listen yet?
Haven't been able to log on here for a few days.

Sounds a lot better IMO. Still dosen't seem to "glue", but **** happens.

I don't bounce and do new sessions. I get everything the way I like it in the mix session, then record the audio to a new stereo track, in that same session. I'll then export the audio to whatever I need it to be.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search