The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Prism Sound Over Killer Barrel Limiter Digital Converters
Old 14th September 2006
Prism Sound Over Killer Barrel Limiter

Prism Sound Over Killer Barrel Limiter
http://www.mercenary.com/prsoovkibali.html

Has anyone used these? Decent price and based on Prism's rep, I'd expect them to be very hifi.

Would they be good as a quick transparent limiter to prevent digital overs instead of using a dedicated compressor?

I tend to like very hot tracks with little compression, and while this can be achieved with good gain structuring, it would be great to have a little insurance on the A/D input.

Bob
Old 2nd May 2007
Here for the gear

yes, I own them. imho they attach something to the sound that I don't like so much... I prefer the soft clip on the rosetta 800.
Old 3rd May 2007
Gear Head

Depending on where in the world you are we can usually arrange for you to evaluate them or any other Prism kit at your own facility. If you are interested please contact us thru prismsound.com

Regards
Frank
Old 19th March 2009
Lives for gear

The overkillers are great for recording hard hit snares with a real hot signal but no good as a mastering limiter.
Not many analog limiters are!
Tape is the best analog limiter!
Old 19th March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Of Tone View Post
The overkillers are great for recording hard hit snares with a real hot signal but no good as a mastering limiter.
Not many analog limiters are!
Tape is the best analog limiter!
My Manley ELOP might argue with your tape machine! Kidding! Continuing the Praise for the Prism Overkillers, they are extremely handy to have around for tracking. I find they do work for my master buss, but I do not like hitting them hard with that application. They are safety nets, for me personally.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search