The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Konnekt 24D / I need a reality check
Old 12th September 2006
Gear Head

Konnekt 24D / I need a reality check

I’m curious about this recently released audio interface by TC Electronic.
Can somebody tell me if it can be used with another preamp? I looked through all those marketing pages and I’m a bit lost. Can you buy an audio interface for just $600 that has better A/D converters then Lynx TWO? Better preamps then Neve? Better FX then any other plug in and all of this is available in real time all the time with 0 CPU load?
I need a reality check

http://www.tcelectronic.com/

Thanks
Carnivale
Old 12th September 2006
Lives for gear

a reality check you'll get...

nowhere on any documentation did i read any of that better than lynx better than neve.yadda.....

i think you're streching just a bit..

still

i'm getting one..

i guess we'll just have to wait and see on this one..
could be glitchy as all get out..
Old 13th September 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Integrated Mic Preamp Circuit Technology, which gives you some of the very best microphone preamps there is.
Anyhow, most of what I wrote was deducted from a “marketing” talk that was given by one of the engineers from TC about a month ago or so. I’m just requesting some educated guesses about this interface.
Where should I be skeptical? or where I should be hopeful? Its just when it comes to the low end pro market TC doesn’t have a very good track record.

Thanks
Old 26th September 2006
Gear Head

i need a reality check, too. i just picked one up at guitar center today and it's playing my iTunes nicely but I can't get it to play glitch-free with my mac and ableton live. It's also not behaving with fw bus power - currently using power adapter. i'm running my iTunes library from a fw h/d connected through it. must continue troubleshooting....... not what i really wanted to spend my time doing.
Old 27th September 2006
Gear Head

I'll keep this simple. I've got the Konnekt24d hooked up to my hp laptop as i type this. i use ableton live 5 and i get dropouts every so often (every 5 min) at all different buffer settings. it could be my firewire bus BUT my m-audio fw410 works (from time-to-time) without these dropouts.
The effects (Fabrik-C and Fabrik-R) don't get routed to Ableton so while they sound great, they aren't printed. I know in Cubase you can route your sends to the f/x to make them usable in a DAW BUT I can't figure out how to do it in Ableton Live. I am actually quite impressed by the f/x but dropouts keep me from wanting to pursue this interface further.
My primary music-making machine is a mac and I couldn't get the konnekt to work properly on it so I think I'll be taking it back.
As far as conversion, I really can only compare it to the m-audio fw410 and it sounds noticably better but I assumed that would be the case. I don't think it could go up against an RME or Apogee nor would I expect it to at 500 bones. It looks damn fine on my desk, though! Looks like apple designed it.
Old 29th September 2006
Gear Maniac

Ultrasource,
You can "print" the effects on Konnekt 24D. Here is how it works.
Inputs 1-4 to your DAW are dry unprocessed signals coming directly from the analog inputs 1-4 on Konnekt. Inputs 5-6 to the DAW is the output of the Fabrik C channel strip. 7-8 is the output of the Fabrik R reverb.

So the cool thing is even if you're compressing the mic input for example, you always have a dry unprocessed signal available to record as well. This also gives you the ability to monitor with Reverb, and you can choose whether it gets recorded or not.

In regards to the drop outs you're having, send me a PM and lets see if we can diagnose the problem.

Take care,
Mike Martin
TC|US

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search