The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alta moda eq two for $600 till june 30th Other Modular Audio Processors
Old 9th June 2013
Gear Maniac
Alta moda eq two for $600 till june 30th

Just wondering, I have two STEP EQ's which are pultec in design basically and I use them during mixing however I'd like to get something more surgical and the ALTA MODA EQ's are on sale TWO for only $600.00. They remind me of Speck and Harrison's. Are they any good? Also has anyone checked out that stereo bus EQ processor with the plugins and all those bells and whistles? I mean EQ's aren't magic and cutting is better than boosting. My neve 1073 EQ is a waste of money after A/B'ing it with my Neve mic pre. Alone the neve mic pre sounded SO much better. Anyway, point is do I need to spend $1600.00 on that stereo bus eq or could I get by with some Alta Moda EQs?

oh and the only track that i have thats mono is my vocal tracks (eventually I mix them into stereo tracks). That means that I REALLY need two mono EQ's (this is ALL 500 series of course) or a stereo bus EQ processor. How important do you think it would be to actually go with two instead of one?
any help would be appreciated.
Old 9th June 2013
Lives for gear

Alta moda is nice sounding gear. I have the 500 series comp/limiter and is very sweet sounding. I too was looking at that deal on the EQs and I'd bet placing those before your step EQs on the stereo bus would enable you to clean things up quite nicely.
Old 9th June 2013
Lives for gear

Where is this sale you speak of?
Old 9th June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparqee View Post
Where is this sale you speak of?
Ditto!!!!!
Old 9th June 2013
Gear Maniac

I picked up two last month. The eq's work very well, there is no color, they do help maintain your hard earned depth. The construction is good, but they were built to the price point, so they lack some weight and the knobs appear to be plastic. No transformer. Can be very surgical. Stereo use would be difficult in terms of applying the same settings because it's not stepped, but if you trust your ears, then no worries. 0 is indented on the gain knob. After using them a few times, I am satisfied with them.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search