The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Treating multiple guitars in the mix
Old 7th November 2003
Gear Addict

Treating multiple guitars in the mix

When you are mixing a song with let's say 8 guitar doubles, how do you treat all of them without it being such a pain. I mean as far as compression goes, you could put the same setting on each track. When it comes to Eqing however, should you solo each track and do some light filtering and eqing to clean them up...then send them to a submix and do an overall EQ of the guitars. Suppose you have guitar tracks with different amps and guitars...you're obviously gonna have some sonic differences. I mean there are so many ways and I would like to learn how others tackle multiple guitars without it getting too complicated. Is it as easy as just submixing them all and only eqing them overall?
Old 7th November 2003

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search