The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
outboard gear with apogee symphony i/o Monitor Controllers
Old 16th April 2013
Here for the gear

outboard gear with apogee symphony i/o

hi there and thank you for your time..i have an apogee symphony i/o with the 2x6 card and i want to use my outboard compressor to give some analog vibe to the loops and virtual instruments i use.. how can i do that? im running pt9
the input on my compressor is xlr and i have a trs snake coming out from the apogee symphony i/o do i need any kind of adapter to convert trs to xlr or how this can be conected? can u recomend me something?i understand that one of the outputs of the interface must be conected to the input of the outboard gear and then the output of the outboard gear to one input of the interface...please help me! thank you so much!
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, you can use a TRS to XLR adaptor, or purchase a DB25 to XLR-Male snake instead of the TRS snake you're using now. The XLR output of the outboard compressor can go to the XLR input of the 2x6 card using a simple microphone cable.

You might want to take a look at this video, showing a similar setup with Quartet.
Apogee Quartet - How to Insert Outboard Gear - YouTube
Old 17th April 2013
Here for the gear

the thing is i cant use a xlr output snake because im using a presonus central station wich have trs inputs!..can u recomend me a good adaptor i dont want to use any hosa or any other cheap stuff! thanks alot!
Old 17th April 2013
Here for the gear

what about this one???
Neutrik NA3MJ XLR Male to TRS Female Adapter
will i have any audio degrade for using an adaptor? thanks
Old 17th April 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, that will work fine. There is always the possibility of getting a bad connection with an adaptor, but there's not much to be concerned about if you're using high-quality components. If you want to get fancy you could knock the TRS connector off of your snake and solder on an XLR connector.
Old 19th April 2013
Here for the gear

Thank you so much for your help!!!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by karco View Post
Thank you so much for your help!!!
Hey I know I’m years late literally lol.. but did this work? I have 2 extra outs on my dsub and it would be cool if I could use them
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search