The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ANT TRS 700 Channels? Anyone heard of them?
Old 2nd April 2013
Lives for gear

ANT TRS 700 Channels? Anyone heard of them?

Theres a guy over at Group.diy who;s selling - ANT TRS 700 Channels (MicPre and EQ with Lundahl Transformers). Theres next to no information on hese babies - he has sent me photos and they look very well made. Apperently the Eq;s are nice, same with the pre "german sound:" is how the seller describes them. He wants 250eu including shipping for the pair. So has anyone come across these? He has six for sale sp if theyre some miracle buy I'll pass on his details. Cheers - Matt.
Old 2nd April 2013
Gear Head

Hi There,

I have a trs 700 console made by ANT 18 channels with limiters auxiliries double talkback etc etc. While doing a lot of research I found out that it is actually a Tore Seem board called "Seesam II". It is beautifully made and sounds terrific. In recent recordings I did a couple of shoot outs between the trs 700, millennia hv3d, audient asp008 and the tubetech double micpre (how is that called again) And on bass snare and vocals it won anonimously, only on vocals we all prefered the tubetech. This was extremely surprising to me, and i will never part with this board as it is also great for mixing besides the obvious benefits during tracking. I would say get them, while they are "under the radar"

By the way only the mono channels have the lundahl transformers as well as the auxilleries and master outs (output trannies). The input trannies are line in only... with on option for an extra tranny for the micpre. I dunno If that would sound better though... In my configuration I've used the micpre's via the master and aux outs to be able to use the eq's so my perception of the micpre's is not completely relevant since i used them through the output trannies. Eq's are great musical sounding, with the only downside the fixed q wich is quite steep. It's 2 times parametric, two shelves and a 80/160 hz high pass.

The faders are all penny & giles and the pot are elma if i remember correctly, all very high quality.

Good luck!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search