The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AKG C535 vs CAD e100 vs ADK A6 Boundary Microphones
Old 11th March 2013
Gear Addict

AKG C535 vs CAD e100 vs ADK A6

Any thoughts on which mic would be better for my home studio? Would be for drum OHs, room mic, electric guitar cabs, bass cab, percussion, and maybe rare vocals. Maybe as room mic for horns, too.

All are affordable (under $300), flat, neutral, cardioid, LDC condensers which is what I'm looking for. No/little coloration. Flat flat flat.

Thanks!
Old 11th March 2013
Lives for gear

I wouldn't call the AKG C535 an LDC, but it's a very nice and versatile microphone.
Old 11th March 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by legato View Post
I wouldn't call the AKG C535 an LDC, but it's a very nice and versatile microphone.
Good point. I guess I was thinking that it seems to get the respect of an LDC.
Old 13th March 2013
Gear Addict

bump. Any one favor one of these? Would the C535 outperform the others?
Old 13th March 2013
Lives for gear

C535 is truly excellent on many sources. It is different from the others since it is hyper-cadioid. (narrow pickup pattern, less bleed)

The original e100 are also a very fine mic. Have not used the newer reissue version.
Old 13th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmoose View Post
Any thoughts on which mic would be better for my home studio? Would be for drum OHs, room mic, electric guitar cabs, bass cab, percussion, and maybe rare vocals. Maybe as room mic for horns, too.

All are affordable (under $300), flat, neutral, cardioid, LDC condensers which is what I'm looking for. No/little coloration. Flat flat flat.

Thanks!
I have experience with the ADK A6. It's a nice neutral mic.

No cardioid is flat due to the proximity effect. At best, it has a flat response at a certain distance from the source.
Old 13th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
C535 is truly excellent on many sources. It is different from the others since it is hyper-cadioid.
It's cardioid.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search