The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gssl clone help!!!!
Old 3rd March 2013
Here for the gear

Gssl clone help!!!!

I'm building a GSSL Clone and it just about finished. I got the PCB from the Audio Chef and all the resistors and components from over seas distributors. I am in no way an electronics engineer and haven't a clue as to what I'm doing. I ordered all the parts from a BOM list that I fear was for a UK compliant transformer (220v as compared to 120v for US sockets). I would really love this to work as I have put a ton of time into learning to solder before I even started this project. I have included some images hoping that someone out there can see the problem. Again I am in no way an electronics engineer and I just don't want to blow out my power AGAIN! Or my house.

http://moosecreekrecordingstudio.com
Attached Thumbnails
Gssl clone help!!!!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1362332959.672232.jpg   Gssl clone help!!!!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1362332974.106375.jpg   Gssl clone help!!!!-imageuploadedbygearslutz1362332992.323002.jpg  
Old 3rd March 2013
the geekslutz forum is maybe the best place for this around here - but the group diy forum (on the GSSL thread) is where the best help will be...

Im not an expert at all but the difference with the uk BOM would likely just be the power transformer - not any of the components...

Things Ive been told to check have been that allt he components like resistors are oriented the right direction. And check for solder bridges...thats a start...otherwise maybe get the thread moved to geekslutz or post on group diy...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search