The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Duet to One, SM7B to Mojave 201
Old 2nd March 2013
Lives for gear

Duet to One, SM7B to Mojave 201

Hey all,
I mainly do male vocal work, mostly rapping, anywhere from underground to some of the more dynamic stuff and some singing. The SM7B is nice because it's very thick and full sounding, though I definitely miss the presence and "air" of a condenser. I also do some acoustic stuff every once in a while but that will probably be growing soon so acoustic guitar prowess would be nice. The Mojave has a very attractive price point and was wondering if anyone had comments on their experience with it.

I'm also looking at maybe switching from the Duet 2 to the new One to be coming out shortly. I only record one source at a time and what attracts me about the One is I can also use it as a headphone amp/dac with my Sennheiser Momentums, and maybe use the built in mic as a scratch pad (though not a priority). When I'm not making music I'm somewhat an amateur audiophile. I purchased the Duet 2 for this purpose as well but it's a bit larger then something to throw in my backpack when I want to do a listening session.

I guess my concern between this move is the difference in quality. All of these interfaces were just updated and the price went up on the One so I'm assuming they've bumped the quality.

Any other suggestions would be great too. I've contemplated Miktek C7 as well but at $899 maybe I should just go Bock 195 if I'm gonna play at that end of the pool. Of course at that route, am I now underwhelming with my preamp/converters in the One? I feel like the Mojave/Apogee is pretty close in quality and anything above might leave me lacking on one end of the chain.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search