The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Siemens Sitral mixer Modules
Old 28th October 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Siemens Sitral mixer Modules

hello,

someone is offering me some siemens sitral modules (w295a and others don't know which one's yet haven't seen the list) but i was wondering which are the one's to look out for.

thomas
Old 28th October 2003
Lives for gear

1 Review written
๐ŸŽง 15 years
W295a's are VERY good eq's.
anything under $200.00 per module is a bargain.
go for it...

michael

p.s.: let me know if you need schematics or wiring instructions.
Old 29th October 2003
Gear Maniac

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Quote:
Originally posted by mig27

p.s.: let me know if you need schematics or wiring instructions.
Thanx!!!

When i get them you'll be the first to know

thomas
Old 30th October 2003
Gear Nut

๐ŸŽง 15 years
Sitral stands for Siemens Transistor and had basically three different version, the Broadcast, Movie and TV version (most Beatles Movies were recorded via Sitral modules) and the recording industry units (they carry the S specs like the early tubes versions. Most Sitral units were made for the german broadcast and have also a IRT designation like V276, on the front, the Movie and TV modules have no designation on the front, a Cxxxx-Axxx-A1 is the actual designation of the unit located on the back. The recoding units carried sometimes the IRT number with an S or sometimes just the S.
Sitral units were made up to 1980 in Germany than up to 1990 in Austria, most Sietral units are also sold under the WSW brandmark.

The W295a is a resonance EQ in solid state design, cost in 1966 approx. $1088, biggest problem are the rotory switches, the very early ones were metal, than they used plastic ones, if those ones are broken there is no replacement. Aside minor problems to get the thermistors for the bias stabilization those EQs sound quite good, you might want to replace the filtercaps to get the best sound out of them.....

Best

Oliver

๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear