The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mixosaurus rumour
Old 11th February 2013
Lives for gear

Mixosaurus rumour

Checking out the Mixosaurus site it would appear that they are selling off the last stock of Mixosaurus hard drives.

Had already decided that this soft was far to expensive for me, but if indeed they are flaking out, it is a shame to see a valiant attempt at uber excellence fall by the wayside.
Anyone know wht is going on there, or do I just not read the news regularly enough?
Old 11th February 2013
Gear Nut

From what I under stand the developer had to stop because of health issues.
My son has Mixosaurus and he loves the samples. It is on Kontakt player so no
problem as the future goes unless NI goes under.
Old 11th February 2013
Here for the gear

This was posted back in October on the Mixosaurus support forums. Looks like the samples were sold or licensed to another company for future release.

Hello all,

to those of you who are interested in MIXOSAURUS drums:

The mentioned company has acquired the KIT A and KIT B sounds to be able to use them in their own (future) products. It will take some time though before the MIXO sounds can (re-) appear in another virtual instrument product - they do not plan to continue to market KIT A in its current form.

Consequently, the MIXOSTORE on our website is in "Closing Sale" mode: "Full Box" and "SSD" versions of KIT A are no longer offered in the store. As long as supplies last, we'll be selling the last "Bare Drive" units at 50% of the original price. These units will be fully supported by us as all our units have always been, including our 2-year warranty on the hardware. So regardless of the discount price you can be sure you buy a product that's "Made In Germany" throughout and that will give you many many hours of rewarding music production. These units are the last original MIXOSAURUS products available: 100% absolutely uncompromising MIXO quality and unrivaled authenticity. If you've been considering purchasing KIT A, now might be your time.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected].

Kind regards,
Eike
Old 12th February 2013
Lives for gear

Sad news :-(
Old 12th February 2013
Gear Nut

[QUOTE]These units are the last original MIXOSAURUS products available: 100% absolutely uncompromising MIXO quality and unrivaled authenticity. If you've been considering purchasing KIT A, now might be your time. /QUOTE]

I totally agree with this plus on a ssd 50% off man good deal, ours is on a regular HD. This kit is not for every body but if you like the sound of it, its sampled up the wazoo.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search