The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Hard case for the Reddi and 6 slot API lunchbox?
Old 10th February 2013
Lives for gear

Hard case for the Reddi and 6 slot API lunchbox?

Any suggestions, experience for both? I do a lot of mobile recording, have a water tight hard case by SKB for the StudioLive board. Looking for something similar.
Old 10th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranhadrum View Post
Any suggestions, experience for both? I do a lot of mobile recording, have a water tight hard case by SKB for the StudioLive board. Looking for something similar.
For the REDDI find a Pelican Dealer. You'll need custom laser foam cut outs using a heavy foam, REDDI is too heavy to use in the "size it yourself" foam that some cases come with. I learned that the hard way. Heavy units will bounce around inside the plastic case and get damaged.

For the lunch box I'd get a full on roadcase from Jan Al. The pelican will actually be a larger case, be harder to handle and you have to remove the lunch box completely from the pelican to use it. The lunch box can be fitted to a shock mounted roadcase it stays in all the time, the front and back will come off. So the few hundred you save in pelican will be spent in hassles getting it in and out of a pelican, with a lot of wear and tear over time on the foam as you put it in and take it out. Pelicans work great if the items are not heavy. A Jan Al roadcase will last a LONG time.

Brad
Old 11th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Lunde View Post
For the REDDI find a Pelican Dealer. You'll need custom laser foam cut outs using a heavy foam, REDDI is too heavy to use in the "size it yourself" foam that some cases come with. I learned that the hard way. Heavy units will bounce around inside the plastic case and get damaged.

For the lunch box I'd get a full on roadcase from Jan Al. The pelican will actually be a larger case, be harder to handle and you have to remove the lunch box completely from the pelican to use it. The lunch box can be fitted to a shock mounted roadcase it stays in all the time, the front and back will come off. So the few hundred you save in pelican will be spent in hassles getting it in and out of a pelican, with a lot of wear and tear over time on the foam as you put it in and take it out. Pelicans work great if the items are not heavy. A Jan Al roadcase will last a LONG time.

Brad
Brad, thanks so much! Very helpful.
Old 11th February 2013
Lives for gear

Btw, would pelican cases themselves laser cut the foam? Any recommendations?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search