The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
joe mek into duet 2 wtf?
Old 10th February 2013
Gear Addict

joe mek into duet 2 wtf?

Ok i have used plenty of preamps with my duet.I just got a joe meek 3q turned chanel 1 on duet to +4 line and connected trs/trs from one of the outputs of the meek to chanel one on duet.No signal!the meek is registering signal but out of it to the duet nothing.what is going on?
Old 10th February 2013
Lives for gear

Do you have to switch the duet to line input? Is there an output level control on the joe meek?
Old 10th February 2013
Gear Addict

ya i switched to line in and there is a out put for the preamp and i got it cranked and nothing
Old 11th February 2013
Gear Addict

Anyone?
Old 11th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdan11 View Post
Ok i have used plenty of preamps with my duet.I just got a joe meek 3q turned chanel 1 on duet to +4 line and connected trs/trs from one of the outputs of the meek to chanel one on duet.No signal!the meek is registering signal but out of it to the duet nothing.what is going on?

You state the duet works with other mic pres... make sure to use the same cables when troubleshooting the meek. Also does the meek work with another interface or mixer or something? In other words is it a "known good source"?
Old 11th February 2013
Lives for gear

Use XLR cables for +4/-10 on the Duet. Otherwise, you'll get nada. You can run TS/TRS, but you'll have to be on mic/instrument setting and roll the gain way down.
Old 11th February 2013
Gear Addict

iam and im getting signal in the meek but but you are supposed to set the inputs and out of the duet 2 to line and that signal is not getting from the meek to the duet
Old 11th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdan11 View Post
iam and im getting signal in the meek but but you are supposed to set the inputs and out of the duet 2 to line and that signal is not getting from the meek to the duet
You are what? Using XLR on a line setting for the Duet 2? Using TS/TRS on the mic/instrument setting? Be more specific.
Old 11th February 2013
Here for the gear

So, if you're getting signal on the Meek...maybe check the following:
You have the button on the rear out (+4). You've connected the unit to the Duet via TRS/XLR. You've selected line in on the correct Duet channel, and selected +4 via Maestro. You don't have anything muted on the Duet (consider the touchbutton assignment, for example, as well as the Maestro mixer). You have the Duet selected as the input device for your DAW, and the track is routed, selected, and armed correctly?
If all this is true, then either you have a bad cable, a bad output, a bad input, or one of your devices (or Maestro) is misbehaving. Since both the Meek and the Duet have two outputs and inputs respectively, I'd try them both. I'd also try a new cable. I'd also triple check the settings for the Duet in Maestro, including the Maestro mixer, the input control, and the touchbutton characteristics. For the heck of it, I'd try another source into the Duet via line level as well - that Duet breakout cable is fragile, and could well be the culprit. If that all checks out, I'd double check all settings in the DAW, and even consider an updated install of Maestro.
Are you running the Duet via USB? Try using the power adapter as well.

Last edited by wardshorsehead; 11th February 2013 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 11th February 2013
Gear Nut

Restart your computer? My duet will do this occasionally.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search