Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Dynaudio BM6A mk1 - crakling/distorted
Old 5th February 2013
Gear interested

Dynaudio BM6A mk1 - crakling/distorted

Hi All!

Anyone got experience with Dynaudio bm6a mk1?. One of mine suddenly started crackling while doing a mixdown couple days ago. I done troubleshooting ( switched amps/tweeters/woofers). Its clearly something with the amp. Sounds coming out of the tweeter is like having a fuzzpedal conected ! :( - . I just dont understand. I always been playing them at modest volume, and never ├▓verplayed them`. Ive read the post here about dynaudios/trouble but havent found any post regarding the same issue. Really Love these monitors and cant afford buying new. Help much appreciated.

Best regards,
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear
I've recently been "restoring" some of these that were having issues going into "protection" randomly. Inspect your electro caps. Could be a low voltage rail perhaps.

What's your electronics knowledge / skills like with troubleshooting?

Old 5th February 2013
Gear interested

Tx for tip Rob . Appreciate it!

Hm..Ill guess Im not very skilled on electronics/troubleshooting. Think I can manage to look for blown caps etc. Thing is its a long way to a servicesenter where I live. Also tried to mail dynaudio ,only left with answer to change the internal amp. Thats like 1300 us here in Norway, well 200$ less than a brand new monitor. Anyway, do you think a local tv/radio electronican can mange to fix something like this.?
Old 12th April 2013
Gear interested

HELP!!!! Please can someone shed more light on this.... I need to fix my speaker ASAP. I put in a new HF Dome thinking it was the problem and it is not... 200 bucks down the drain.. I need to learn how to fix this. Please any guidance is MUCH appreciated
Old 12th April 2013
Gear nut

I had a similar effect coming and going every once in a while. A very subtle "distortion" coming from one tweeter. Never bothered me as it usually was gone the next time I powered it up :/ The BM6A amplifier sounds good, but is not very much reliable. I replaced the relays twice on mine
Old 13th April 2013
Gear Maniac

I just replaced the relays in my pair, and everything is good now. I ordered the spare parts from dynaudio (tc electronics). i think it's relatively easy to get them, but you might have to order them through your distributor, at least they couldn't send it to me directly.

but talk to the support, they helped me figure out what needed to be replaced:
Dynaudio Professional Support : Submit a request for assistance
Old 13th April 2013
Gear nut

I don't think the relay is the issue efi has. The relay symptom is when the tweeter is totally off at very low playback levels (coming back when raising up the volume).
Old 18th May 2014
Lives for gear
I am having a similar issue. Not the no playback until you crank it issue, but the fuzz box effect on one speaker. Did anyone find a solution?
Perhaps the best thing is to drop to my tech and get him to check the caps etc..
Old 26th May 2014
Gear nut

Hi, would be interesting to know if any of you have managed to fixed that "distortion" issues.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search