The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Blue rocket stage 1 vs Avantone BV-1
Old 27th January 2013
Gear Head

Blue rocket stage 1 vs Avantone BV-1

hi guys, i m now considering the rocket stage 1, and BV-1, both ar the same price $999. i will mainly use for male vocal, acoustic guitar and electric guitar amp. i know the blue features interchangeable capsules, but i think its not a must for me.

anyone tried these 2 mic, would give me some opinions??
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Head

ohh . anyone??
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

I am a big fan of the torpedo capsule type mics, cmv, bottles, etc. I would go with the bottle simply because it will be more versatile..... (because you dont own one I dont think this is "selling" in the forums, just using it as an example) For instance I am selling a blue b1 cap for 350 bucks. For 350 bucks you can now have an awesome sdc for way cheaper than you would pay for anything near its quality. Then grab yourself a real m7 (I would advise any bottle owners to do this)..... you get the point. You will pay for the first mic and capsule, but then it is like getting a new mic for 3-$500.

Also I like the violet capsules as well. Good luck
Old 31st January 2013
Gear Head

if i wont plan to buy any more capsules, just use the B8 capsule which come with the rocket stage 1.
base on its quality, is it worth to pay $999 for this mic?
Old 31st January 2013
Lives for gear

You might find a bit of info if you do a search on build quality. I had 3 of these mics, I had one capsule rolling around in the basket, one preamp loose in the body and 2 broken shock mounts in the space of 6 months.
Old 11th February 2013
Gear Head

i see , anyone have other opinions?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search