The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question for Fletcher
Old 22nd October 2003
Lives for gear

Question for Fletcher

Fletcher

In a earlier post you said

" Look at the CAD "M-9". It's a great mic, in my world it gets used next to microphones that cost 10+times as much... and while people I respect told me I was gonna dig it, I didn't believe them until I tried it in application."

What's the application ?

Thanks Jam
Old 23rd October 2003
Lives for gear

I'm not Fletcher but...

I love the M9 on acoustic guitar and sometimes percussion that i want a lot of high end on. I've also used it as a room mic for drums and in front of guitar cabinets with sometimes positive results. They're really cheap...get one (or two).
Old 23rd October 2003
Lives for gear

I've got the CAD VX2. I'm kind of curious what Fletcher thinks about it. There's really not another mic out there quite like it.
Old 23rd October 2003
member no 666

My VX-2 was broken when I went to go try it... the first M-9 application was an acoustic guitar... and there is kind of another address where it's a tad better to ask me direct kind of question ****... [if you're having difficulty figuring out the better place... I left a hint on the botton of the .sig file]
Old 23rd October 2003
Lives for gear

I had one of the heads go bad on my CAD. I found one on ebay sans power supply for about $300 so I kind of lucked out. CAD would have charged me more for a new head and it was something like a month out of warranty.
Old 23rd October 2003
Lives for gear

In the future don't be afraid to ask. A lot of companies (can't say specifically about Equitek) will be flexible about stuff that's "just out" of warranty. It's good public relations for them, and creates a loyal customer base. I've been pleasantly surprised on a number of occasions.
Old 23rd October 2003
Lives for gear

I actually called them and they really didn't act like they were entirely willing to help me out.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search