The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Focusrite ISA One +Audio Technica 4050 Combo???
Old 11th December 2012
Gear maniac

Focusrite ISA One +Audio Technica 4050 Combo???

i recently purchased the focusrite isa one... got it for a good price and im pleased with its performance... i definitely say it brings out the most in all of mic current microphones... i originally bought it to run my sm7b but after trying it with the sm7 it seemed like i simply didnt like the way it sounded it. The sm7 is a gread mic for roadcasting but it didnt have the usual characteristics I'm used to hearing with a standard condenser mic. So i eventually returned it to guitar center and decided to pick up something else... i had my eyes on the Audio Technica 4050 or the AKG C214... i hear the 4050 is kind of flat and im not to keen on the sound i hear from the c414 so it kind makes me lean away from the 214... but ive been hearing they sound nothing alike so I'm seeking help from the slutz lol
Old 11th December 2012
Best way to find out is to try it.
Old 11th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarplexus311 View Post
Best way to find out is to try it.
2nd best thing is to ask someone who has...
Old 11th December 2012
Gear Addict

I enjoy my 4050. It gets a lot of use on acoustic guitar and recently I've been using it for male vox. It's not "magical", but it's a good, solid mic. I rarely regret using it when mixing - I ususally think "gee, that really turned out well" . It's subtle.

Don't know about the focusrite.
Old 12th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyChris View Post
I enjoy my 4050. It gets a lot of use on acoustic guitar and recently I've been using it for male vox. It's not "magical", but it's a good, solid mic. I rarely regret using it when mixing - I ususally think "gee, that really turned out well" . It's subtle.

Don't know about the focusrite.
what mic would you consider "magical'?
Old 12th December 2012
Lives for gear

Audio Technica 4040 or 4050 to my ears and for my money sound way better then a lot of microphones. Especially all the various off shoots of chinese type microphones.
Good workhorse, meaning its Low end is nice and clear and the top end is present, clear and not harsh. I should use mine more (and probably will).

This mic won't hold you back.

Most recently Used a pair of 4040s on toms and they sounded stupid good. Probably helped the toms themselves were great.
Old 12th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by abechap024 View Post
Audio Technica 4040 or 4050 to my ears and for my money sound way better then a lot of microphones. Especially all the various off shoots of chinese type microphones.
Good workhorse, meaning its Low end is nice and clear and the top end is present, clear and not harsh. I should use mine more (and probably will).

This mic won't hold you back.

Most recently Used a pair of 4040s on toms and they sounded stupid good. Probably helped the toms themselves were great.
i almost got a 4040 instead.. some uy was selling it on ebay for 165... i shoulda swiped it, but the only person i know with a 4040 has horrible recordings... guess it doesnt help that hes not a great engineer tho lol
Old 12th December 2012
Gear Addict

I have an ISA One and an AT 4050 as well as a Mojave Audio MA200. The 4050 sounds great through the ISA one, as does the MA200. I think the ISA One is a pretty good pre-amp and I've been pleased with any mic I've thrown at it
Old 12th December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonJukx View Post
2nd best thing is to ask someone who has...
Touché. Hahaaha
Old 12th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodreb View Post
I have an ISA One and an AT 4050 as well as a Mojave Audio MA200. The 4050 sounds great through the ISA one, as does the MA200. I think the ISA One is a pretty good pre-amp and I've been pleased with any mic I've thrown at it
my thoughts exactly (on the ISA)
Old 12th December 2012
Gear nut

A lot of people think the AT2035 is better than the AT4040 and a lot of people with AT mics above the 4040 says its crap. Then theres people who praise the 4040. since ive had two at2035s in the past and a at4040 i have to agree that i like the at2035 better. sounds a little cleaner with elss bass
Old 12th December 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by start View Post
A lot of people think the AT2035 is better than the AT4040 and a lot of people with AT mics above the 4040 says its crap. Then theres people who praise the 4040. since ive had two at2035s in the past and a at4040 i have to agree that i like the at2035 better. sounds a little cleaner with elss bass
im actually interested in the 4050
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search