All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
help with RFI...being picked up by preamp
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosebleedaudio View Post
Help for a 20+ year old problem?
Read what I said, then what he said..
I read your description of RF problems you or someone you know encountered. As you posted this yesterday, and not 20+ years ago, I sincerely felt my response was relevant and would address a current or recent problem.

Your tone throughout these exchanges has been curt and unfriendly; a tone, I am pretty sure, you would not use, had we these conversations in person. Please be kind and respectful, even on the internet.

Last edited by Klaus; 4 weeks ago at 12:16 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
UPDATE:

No RFI in BAE equipment or Chandler / Manley 30th Mic Pre (in my studio anyway).

2 of these have a gold/brass chasis and all have the 24v psu box. Many told me changing preamp wouldn't do anything and looks like I proved them wrong. A -1 for Ams Neve definitely here.
Good sound those Marinairs but cant be having this RFI problem and pulling my hair out or contemplating digging an earth pit in my garden.

I just need to figure out which permanent sound/tone of preamp I want now, as I am slightly accustomed to the 1073spx.

I also tried the brass plate on top of my 1073spx from the bar 1073 and it did nothing to prevent the RFI in it, so I dont believe any shielding would of helped, and really cba drilling a new hole in my wall down the side of the house for to earth to a ground pit.

I guess at least NOT EVERY preamp had RFI in my studio.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search