The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Toft Audio Trident Series ATB Console - new pics on Toft website!
Old 21st July 2006
Gear Nut

Toft Audio Trident Series ATB Console - new pics on Toft website!

Toft Audio Trident Series ATB Console

see new pics up at www.toftaudio.com

I think it's finally here!!!
Old 21st July 2006
Lives for gear

Actually, I was recently informed that it's still several weeks away, like end of August at the soonest. But it's getting closer, & thanks for the head's up about the photos.

DP
Old 21st July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklynn
Toft Audio Trident Series ATB Console

see new pics up at www.toftaudio.com

I think it's finally here!!!

Thanks, dude.
Old 21st July 2006
Lives for gear

Well we have had to jump over every hurdle you can imagine. Everything with the exception of the power supply is done. Even the shipping boxes. We had a problem with the vendor on the power supply and it has delayed us way more than we anticipated. Not having our own manufacturing plant in the back of our warehouse has its drawbacks, but then the console would have been $15K

We are so sorry for the delay, never planned on it and at the same time, learned some very valuable lessons. To those who have hung with us and their deposits...Thank you. You will not be disappointed by this console.

The price has gone up, so those who ordered made money, and those who are waiting will happily spend more when you all report back on this console. Just know we are doing everything we can to get this done fast, but if nothing else, it will be done right. We are rounding third base and heading for home, so it is not long now.

We promise you will all get your consoles...
Old 21st July 2006
Lives for gear

A rep at L&M gave me a very nice brochure of the console last week, seems the wheels are in motion. thumbsup
Old 21st July 2006
Gear Nut

Great to hear Alan!

I would like to know the weight of the 24 channel version of the Toft Console? Just curious if it will sit on my desk here or if I will need to buy a new desk to put it on. I have an IKEA desk that is rated for 75 Kilograms maximum weight.
Old 22nd July 2006
Gear Maniac

Man I lost intrest in even reading threads on the toft console... so what was the final decision on the padded arm rest? Will the meter bridge be ready as well when the console is ready for us to purchase?
Old 22nd July 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Mystic
Man I lost intrest in even reading threads on the toft console... so what was the final decision on the padded arm rest? Will the meter bridge be ready as well when the console is ready for us to purchase?
There's been pics posted of the final version of the console on PMI's website, you can also follow the link at the top of this thread. It'll take you to the updated Toft page. Personally, I feel they made a great choice going with the wood. The padded thing looked a bit cheap to me. Plus, I don't really plan on taking naps on the thing. I think my arms can survive on the wood. The meter bridge would definetly be nice. Considering I'm one of the those who has laid their money down for one, I'll be happy enough with the console for the time being. I know patience is a lost art. I've certainly had my weak moments but I'm pretty happy with how PMI's been handling things. The worst thing you can do is keep people completely in the dark...
Old 22nd July 2006
Lives for gear

Im glad to the consoles are ready too, now the heavy psu beasts and we can expect our new toy :-) realy looking forward to it...

Alan do you have any news and info on how the QC whent, just out of interest of course, maybe some slutty pic's of the testing or building fase etc, thx

Anyway still feels great to be part of it and im glad i made the payment date (thats a whole story on itself, lol)

Cheers
Old 24th July 2006
Lives for gear

Whats the new price going to be once the consoles start going to dealers?
Old 24th July 2006
Lives for gear

FWIW: Alan was gracious enough to give me the whole tour of his new mixer at NAMM (as much as the surroundings would allow).... he spent as much time discussing the negatives and what is being done to fix them as he did hawking the positives...My mind interpreted the whole experience with Alan, face to face, as a positive one - he is a class act.

From what I could tell, the mixer is everything the hype and positive pre-conclusions have made it out to be...felt solid, sounded smooth and responsive, etc. So much in fact, that I was pretty skeptical about the console until I actually got to touch, hear, and manipulate one...now I think it to be a viable contender for our 2007 budget...

I have seen it...I have heard it...I know what the issues are and what is being done to fix them...and, I think its a tremendous thing that Alan is waiting until the board is 100% right before shipping...we won't discuss any other names, but there are several "gear makers" that put stuff out that is not ready, is full of bugs, or simply will NOT work as advertised...

Hats off to Alan and crew for having enough respect for the end user to not let them ship until it works as it should.
Old 25th July 2006
Lives for gear

Well thank you to Midlandmorgan for the kind words. Nice to know that somone
speaks from experience...

Delays and issues from other vendors, as well as RoHS and WEEE's has been the major cause of these delays. Yes, we are late in getting the console out. We know this better than any one else. Some have been very good about the delay, others have been in our face.

Either way, the console is not quite ready to ship yet, but there is good news. The last bit seems to be resolved so in 21 days or so we believe we can do the final testing and get to shipping this thing from China to the US and UK for shipment to the customers.

The unit is real, and it is better than we ever expected. So while we are not yet there, we are real close and will keep all posted. It is very hard when your rounding third base and running towards home. You just can't seem to get there fast enough.

To whoever gets one of these consoles. We did not skip, or cheese out any part of this console. It is worth triple its asking price. The only way that could have been accomplished was to build it where we did it, but as a result of that, and our strict demands on build quality, it is late.

The handbook is done. We are just looking for mistakes on it. Anyone who wants to see an owners manual, I will be happy to e-mail them one. As always, just send me an e-mail to [email protected] and make sure the subject says Toft Console Manual. It is a word doc and I will send it to you.

Meter bridge will get done, just not yet. Taps are on the modules already, we just have to design it and figure the best way to mount it. Weights and dimensions are on the web site...I think

New price for the 16 is $3,499.99, $4599.99 for the 24 and $5,999.99 for the 32. This is the selling price at the dealers.

Not much else I can say....
Old 27th July 2006

Good luck with the project finale Alan.

Old 28th July 2006
Gear Nut

I've been reading the manual...

I've been trying to get through the whole manual but I have to keep stopping myself. I don't want to droll to much on my poor macbook. I'm still just so impressed that on a 16 channel board their are 56 inputs. This board is going to fit like a glove into so many studios. I cannot wait till this becomes ready.

Robert
Old 10th August 2006
Lives for gear

Alan,

hi, what patchbays could you guys suggest for the ATB 16 please? thanks

cheers
Old 24th August 2006
Here for the gear

Any information available on the digital i/o expansion ?

If this thing is as good as we all hope it is, and if they learned from ther Mackie ONYX on what NOT to do, I want one bad !
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokn4jc View Post
Any information available on the digital i/o expansion ?

If this thing is as good as we all hope it is, and if they learned from ther Mackie ONYX on what NOT to do, I want one bad !
Sorry to be away for a bit...Digital Card is progressing. Looks like the consoles will ship before them. The consoles...well I hate to say anything that could jinx it, but they are so close I can taste them now. So we will make a formal announcement regarding them sometime next week.
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhyatt View Post

The handbook is done. We are just looking for mistakes on it. Anyone who wants to see an owners manual, I will be happy to e-mail them one. As always, just send me an e-mail to [email protected] and make sure the subject says Toft Console Manual. It is a word doc and I will send it to you.
Hi Alan

You might consider going to this site and downloading Open Office...

http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.3/index.html

I have MSWord and also Solid Converter PDF, but I find that the Word Processor in Open Office is nicer than Word and, more relevant to your post, can convert the file to a pdf file, pictures and all. Very much easier to email and everybody open.

It's free, it opens Word files, and works better than Word IMHO.

Regards to yourself and Malcolm.

Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi Alan

You might consider going to this site and downloading Open Office...

http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.3/index.html

I have MSWord and also Solid Converter PDF, but I find that the Word Processor in Open Office is nicer than Word and, more relevant to your post, can convert the file to a pdf file, pictures and all. Very much easier to email and everybody open.

It's free, it opens Word files, and works better than Word IMHO.

Regards to yourself and Malcolm.

Thanks Geoff..I will give it a try. Not the most computer educated guy out there so I appreciate the suggestion. I will be with Malcolm soon, I will be sure to pass on your regards. All the best to you mate....
Old 5th September 2006
Gear Nut

Well i've obviously caught this thread a little late but f^&Ck am i excitted.

For litterally the past three months i have been thrashing about with one of my mates over here in OZ who works for one of the bigger Audio dealers about WTF i was going to do with my studio...

And the penny dropped for both of us just last night TOFT...

I have been waiting for other products to sort them things out wich has been a blessing in disguise.
Sure i have to fork/save more money but this thing seems like it's going to be the bomb....

I hope all goes well with this and we see them in OZ soon.

Shift.
Old 7th September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhyatt View Post
So we will make a formal announcement regarding them sometime next week.

Alan,

How about an update?

DP
Old 7th September 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Peck View Post
Alan,

How about an update?

DP
hi Dave,

Power supply delay ... 45 days at least ...
Old 7th September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey View Post
hi Dave,

R U KIDDING? NOT AGAIN ...
Old 7th September 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
hi Dave,

Wow. That really sucks.

I'm pretty much at the point where I need to find a different solution.

I thought I was safe, hoping for November but I was unfortunately wrong.

That's what sucks about internet rumors.

They (early info) come out so early that you plan for products to be close to prediction but they can't always.

Oh well. There's always next year.
Old 7th September 2006
Gear Guru

I dont work for them, but that's what I heard from them 10 days ago. Mid to late November was the realistic goal. All consoles are ready to ship, just need good PSUs.

I'd think that November should be good Kenny, call them up ... yet again, I dont work for them.
Old 7th September 2006
Lives for gear

You know at this point I hate to say anything...but, the power supply is done, just small tweaks. A 32 input is in our office. We have been putting full loads on it, dead shorts and so many phantom powered mics that it looks like a mic convention.

We should be 18 days from factory shipping to us. The test console we have now gets delivered to the customer in 10 days. Leeds College of Music gets the first one. They have been wiring the main room for it the last week to ready its delivery. Christ, the 32 input shipping dimensions is 61" X 31" X 13 and 182 lbs.

We elected Leeds as the first delivery as they are starting a new semester a day after they get the console. That means this console will be worked on by many different hands all day long. Where else could we get a better test done. What ever happens there, it will not stop the console from shipping as the last small issues are cleaned up.

So, you all know **** Happens, but the light at the end of the tunnel is clearly visible now. We will post back and start contacting all of those people to schedule delivery dates shortly. I know it has been longer than we said, and you all know I like to toot my horn....This console is gorgeous, sounds great and built like a tank.

They said this kind of quality could not be done. I am here to tell you it has.... What I am not is a liar...So I am looking forward to all of you getting them and seeing what I see.
Old 7th September 2006
Gear Guru

Alan, can you post the final dimensions and weight for each console (not the PSU)?

I know that's of interest to many.
Old 8th September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Alan, can you post the final dimensions and weight for each console (not the PSU)?

I know that's of interest to many.
As soon as I get them in, I can do that. The shipping boxes are all quite large and heavy duty. It is a box in a box and loaded on a cardboard palet....

I only got the 32 in so far...
Old 8th September 2006
Lives for gear

Thats my old College.....

Funny that thats the first place to get one.

5 mins drive from here.

Old 8th September 2006
Lives for gear

Alan, thanks for the update ..!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search