The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sample Wars Reverb & Delay Plugins
View Poll Results: Is this a good idea/will you play?
Yes
0 Votes - 0%
No
0 Votes - 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th November 2012
Here for the gear

Sample Wars

Couldn't really figure out where this should go on here, almost didn't post it as such but thought you guys would enjoy it all the same no matter where it is. <3
I just finished uploading a website specifically for EDM engineers and their fans. No no, it doesn't cost money. It's free.

What is SampleWars.com?
In samplewars you battle other producers while fans rate and comment on your battles. The whole system works off a rating system so you have the ability to become the best audio engineer on

the site, and gain real recognition with your and others' fans.

When a battle is created you are given a sample limit option. Let's say you click "10 Samples". The match will be created with 10 random samples from the SWDB (samplewars database) which

are uploaded by our users and rated on as well. (both in regards to quality, and genre placement). You MUST use these samples in your song. Rating users have been told to downvote songs not

using the samples, and they will. Everyone loves to dislike, watch out. If you're late with your song upload, you can also suffer an ingame credits, rating, and thumbs/votes penalty. It's a

2^n penalty which means first day is 1 credit/like/rating, second is 2c/rl/r, 4c/l/r, 8, 16, 32, 64. You get the point, it adds up.

There's a lot more to the site, and lots more to come including custom comment skins (which can be bought with ingame credits or 5$ for the lazy) and stuff to really show off your abilities

like achievements and challenges. There will also be more game styles, like ladder where you fight your way up the ranks in a 1v10 battle, or frankenbattle which only uses Horror samples,

or a speed battle which has a max 2 day limit and as many more as you guys can help me think up. I want to make the game REALLY interesting and I'm starting to run dry on ideas, so it's

time to release it.

Right now the site is in BETA stages, and I need players to work out all the kinks in the random systems, the vote systems, the cash systems, and lots of other things.

It's been a ridiculously tiring month as I sat coding this thing until 7 am and then going to work at 9 am every day, but i'll tell you what. It's totally worth it. We finally have a place

to play around with eachother. Now come battle me! >=)

Signed,
VVV
(the guy who almost died of over-use of the computer while making SampleWars.com)
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search