The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ben and Veronica Sneezby
Old 30th October 2012
Gear Addict

Ben and Veronica Sneezby

Dear Gearslutz,

Ben and Veronica Sneezby would never post this, but it is important and if you can help at all, appreciated.

Short Version - Ben and Veronica's young daughter Phelicy needs a heart transplant and they along with their daughter are now in the US trying to make this happen. They also are having to pay for all of this for as you know they don't live here and not covered by insurance.

If you are awaiting service from them, be patient.

If you have any spare coin, paypal it to [email protected]
or visit Project Hope, Help Save Phelicity | Facebook and there is a link to donate a different way. You can also just post something there for support.

Keep their daughter Phelicy in your prayers - she is a cute little peanut.

Lane
Old 30th October 2012
Lives for gear

^
This.

+100

Thanks, Lane.

Henk
Old 30th October 2012
Lives for gear

Besides are hopes prayers and dollars, the best way we can help here in the US at this point is to sign are organ donor Cards on the back of our Drivers licensees.
It is sad that at this point it may take a tragidy for someone else to save this little a girl, but as someone who owes their life to the loss of many others ( don't ask it's to gross for GS) have a heart give a heart for Phelicity !
Old 30th October 2012
Lives for gear

bumping this thread.

Even 10 bucks can help. So skip Starbucks for 2 days and help these guys out.
Old 30th October 2012
RiF
Lives for gear

And there are two items in the BeesNeez store, named "Project Hope, Help Save Phelicity". A K47 and K67 style capsule.

All the best I can imagine to the Sneezby's and Phelicity!
Old 30th October 2012
Lives for gear

Bumping this
Old 12th November 2012
Lives for gear

Phelicity; not only a high end microphone ...

... she's also one of the daughters of Ben and Veronica Sneesby of BeesNeez microphones and she's in need of help. And yes, that fine C12/ELA M251 inspired microphone was named after her.
This newspaper article shows us a part of what the family is currently going through:
Local Ronald McDonald House wants to become world’s largest | The Columbus Dispatch

Most of the BeesNeez high end microphones are on sale as we speak, including the Phelicity. Buying those now will greatly help the little girl and her family.
Producer Series Microphones - BeesNeez Microphones on-line shopping
Tribute Series Microphones - BeesNeez Microphones on-line shopping

There are also low price items on sale and there's the opportunity to donate. For more news about that go to the thread that Lane Thaw started in the "so much gear" section last week:
Ben and Veronica Sneezby

I do hope the mods leave this thread in the high end section, at least for a little while. One reason being that it is also about high end microphones on sale. The other reason being... well, that's obvious.

Thanks.

Henk
Old 13th November 2012
Lives for gear

...big BUMP for a great cause!

...and props for Ben Sneesby's great microphone options covering a broad range of pricepoint and voicings!...currently evaluating my newly purchased Shelise, as well as a very satisfied owner of one of Ben's Arabella GT tube mics...

...how often do you get the opportunity to get a great deal on an entire productline from a well-respected manufacturer and donate to a worthy cause at the same time?...
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Anyone in the market or for a quality studio microphone?
Classic tube LDC sounds in the U47, M49, U67, C12 or M251 vein.
FET LDC.
FET SDC.
Ribbons.
BeesNeez does 'em all.
In-house hand-built capsules (highly regarded) and bodies (solid!), high quality electronics, excellent warranty, money-back guarantee etc. etc. In short, the works.
Most models now at discounted prices (20% off).
And last but not least, you'll help the good cause.

Beesneez Microphones | The World Leader in Boutique Microphones

BTW, I'm no dealer or in any way attached.

Henk
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

dont get me wrong. all the best to the girl and the good cause! but i find this kind of marketing VERY akward. id much rather make a donation. how much % exactly are being donated? the website doesn't say anything about that.
as i have said. all the best to the cause!
please take my appology if this comes across in a bad way. not my intention at all.
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Understood.

Some more links.
Donation button in this one:
PROJECT HOPE, HELP SAVE PHELICITY!!! Beez Neez K67 and K47 capsules.
Perhaps I can make one here, too. If I only knew how.

BeesNeez Microphones on-line shopping

[email protected]
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by legato View Post
Understood.

Some more links.
Donation button in this one:
PROJECT HOPE, HELP SAVE PHELICITY!!! Beez Neez K67 and K47 capsules.
Perhaps I can make one here, too. If I only knew how.

BeesNeez Microphones on-line shopping
alright. i just donated
Old 14th November 2012
Gear Addict

Latch Lake ponied up for a donation today, c'mon people, everybody chip in if you can.

It's a small world. Let's help make it a better one.
Old 14th November 2012
Lives for gear

Thanks!

BTW, it all helps, be it donating, buying the inexpensive (import) k47 or k67 capsule, etc. And several threads, especially on GroupDIY have been started to take care of that.
I deliberately chose the high end section here to take care of the actual microphone segment.
Old 15th November 2012

This situation is so painful to even think about. Especially now that I have kids. The love for your babies is unparalleled. I'm donating. Ben if you read this brother hang in there mate, if there's anything I can do to help email me.

James
[email protected]
Old 15th November 2012
Can't think of a better place for my first post here. Just made a small donation. Thoughts and prayers.
Old 15th November 2012
Lives for gear

Just pitched in a bit. All the best to the family.
Old 15th November 2012
Lives for gear

much love and luck to you x

come on, dig deep lads
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

done...
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Addict

Done. Thoughts and prayers...

Sent from my ADR6400L
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Thank you for posting this, Lane.

I have known about this situation for some years; spoke to Ben about it way back when.
It is, simply, unimaginably heartbreaking.

I sent a little present to Phelicity and shortly thereafter, got a phone call and the sweetest little voice said, "hello? Mr. Bill? Thank you for my gift". I was about brought to tears.....

I don't know Ben personally, don't think I spoke to him since that phone call, but will always remember it like it was yesterday.

Consider if you had to go to a completely different country, to a single medical facility where you think, you hope, that your precious child can find care for a life threatening medical condition but, of course, with no guarantees.....and no medical insurance. Would you spend every last cent that you have, sell everything that you own, do anything at all and more just for a chance to save your child? Yes, without ANY hesitation!

Please read about her conditions:
Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome - Google Search
Protein Losing Enteropathy - Google Search

All of the best Ben, Veronica, Phelicity and family.
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Well spoken, MadGuitrst. And thanks for the anecdote.

And good to see this thread was turned into a sticky!
At first it didn't get quite the amount of views I (and Lane, no doubt) had hoped for. For that reason and also in an attempt to put an added focus on the actual BeesNeez microphones (buying those helps a lot, too) I started an extra thread in the high end section. It's here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-...icrophone.html
FWIW. This here sticky is the best news of today as far as I'm concerned. Thanks, mods.

Henk
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Addict

Just sent the modest amount that was in my PayPal account. If I'm sitting here working with Focusrite and Audio Technica then you Neve/Neumann guys can surely outdo me.
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Addict

Just out of interest. Why are they not having the operation in Australia where it is covered by insurance. I thought we had some of the best transplant surgeons in the world.
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Just made a donation. Noticed on their microphone website that there are several kits available. I will research some more and will purchase a mic kit as well.
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just out of interest. Why are they not having the operation in Australia where it is covered by insurance. I thought we had some of the best transplant surgeons in the world.
It's not "just" an operation, I'm afraid. Phelicity has two separate, very serious conditions. MadGuitrst posted the links for background info. Also, a heart transplant is one thing, surviving until the fact is another. But I'm already treading now where I shouldn't. I don't know every detail. Just rest assured the family has weighed every option a million times.

This newspaper article sheds some light on the situation, too:
Local Ronald McDonald House wants to become world’s largest | The Columbus Dispatch

Henk
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Done. + tons of positive energy! Have courage!
Old 16th November 2012
Gear Addict

Done! I echo _Ludovico's positive energy.

- Chris
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

I'm glad this was posted. I am awaiting an order from Ben from a month ago and my emails weren't being responded to. I knew something was going on with his daughter, but I did not know the extent of it. I guess I'll have to be patient.
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Love and prayers for the family. Glad to see our community help out a brother.

Can we get this thread moved to a forum header same as Sandy or AES? It would get a lot more viewing there.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search