The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ben and Veronica Sneezby
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Yeah I ended up feeling like an ass because I ordered a mic from Ben a while back and it wasn't delivered in the agreed upon time frame. I emailed and got no response. I waited a little longer and sent another email basically saying that if I didn't hear from someone in about another couple of weeks I was going to need to reverse the credit card charges and move on. I wasn't rude, but I was firm.

Anyway, I got an email back from Veronica right away saying that they were sorry that they missed my first inquiry email and because they were late on delivery they were going to upgrade my purchase to a higher grade mic at no charge. It was the difference in about $2000. All the while, their daughter was having these health problems and they never said a word about it. After it was all settled I found out what was going on.

That's the kind of people they are.

I support them and their company 1000%. I have donated and I urge you to as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleseglin View Post
I'm glad this was posted. I am awaiting an order from Ben from a month ago and my emails weren't being responded to. I knew something was going on with his daughter, but I did not know the extent of it. I guess I'll have to be patient.
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeacock View Post
Yeah I ended up feeling like an ass because I ordered a mic from Ben a while back and it wasn't delivered in the agreed upon time frame. I emailed and got no response. I waited a little longer and sent another email basically saying that if I didn't hear from someone in about another couple of weeks I was going to need to reverse the credit card charges and move on. I wasn't rude, but I was firm.

Anyway, I got an email back from Veronica right away saying that they were sorry that they missed my first inquiry email and because they were late on delivery they were going to upgrade my purchase to a higher grade mic at no charge. It was the difference in about $2000. All the while, their daughter was having these health problems and they never said a word about it. After it was all settled I found out what was going on.

I support them and their company 1000%. I have donated and I urge you to as well.
Wow that's amazing. Thanks for sharing that man. I knew there was something going on but want sure the details and haven't heard back from Ben.. Understandable why.
Old 16th November 2012
Lives for gear

Great folks, who have been struggling with these issues for a while. Best of luck to them. Many positive thoughts here.
Old 17th November 2012
Donation made.. all fingers and toes crossed
Old 17th November 2012
Lives for gear

Small donation made...and bumping the thread
Old 17th November 2012
Gear Head

+1
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpeacock View Post

So did they tell you they were upgrading you or did you just receive a mic better than what you ordered? That's really nice of them.

Since y'all are beesneez fans seems like the right crowd to ask if anyone have any thoughts on the Arabella gt mic? Definitely like the idea of giving these guys more business.
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Since y'all are beesneez fans seems like the right crowd to ask if anyone have any thoughts on the Arabella gt mic? Definitely like the idea of giving these guys more business.
...very happy with my Arabella GT (U47/M49 influenced)...great on vocals, both male and female...I like it enough to buy a second Beesneez Studio Series mic, the Shelise (C12 influenced)...currently testing on a female vocalist...great value in handmade tube mics...

...and a very worthy cause!
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

Yes, they sent me an email saying that they always try to honor their commitments and since they didn't this time, they were going to upgrade my mic. I actually told them that I wasn't looking for an upgrade, that I just wanted the mic I ordered and that if it was going to cause them to lose money on the deal I didn't want them to do it, but Veronica insisted.

You can't ask for better customer service than that.

Quote:
So did they tell you they were upgrading you or did you just receive a mic better than what you ordered? That's really nice of them.

Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

Sunday bump and update regarding the parallel thread in the "So Much Gear..." section. That one was turned into a sticky for a while which seems to have helped. There's a steady flow of attention now.

Ben and Veronica Sneezby

Henk

Edit: this post was the last one in my Phelicity thread in the high end section, hence the link (that now doesn't makes sense since we're in the Ben and Veronica thread anyway). That thread was "moved".
Mods, does this mean the posts in my thread are gone now?
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

A direct link for donation via Facebook is: Project Hope, Help Save Phelicity - Donate to help Phelicity | Facebook.
All the best for the family!!
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

Hi all, at this point, we are so touched by the love, prayers and help we are receiving from this amazing industry. we are speechless at times when we think of the generosity that everyone has been showing us. Each day, we see every donation and read every email wishing us well. Phelicity has been in tears (of joy) when reading the messages, listening to the songs and videos that have been sent. Please, keep them coming, they are such a great pick me up. We have been called too which is so nice.

We have had some great news so far though; one of the major problems with HLHS related PLE is that the proteins lost also carry the body's immune response and this means that there is little to no immunity and also a vast amount of swelling in different parts of the body. When we arrived here, we asked if Phelicity could be given Low molecular Heparin, a blood thinner. Even though this was not common treatment, our doctors agreed to try it and over the last few weeks, this has had perhaps the single largest effect on her as her PLE for the time being has Totally resolved!! This of course is something she can not be on for too long as it can totally destroy the bones but for now it is allowing her to build some immunity again and she will hopefully enter into her upcoming surgeries as a strong and healthy girl.

This week we have been setting up a home here and by the end of next week i am hoping that I can resume capsule diaphragming and final product testing , this means that between the two nations, we should be able to proceed on getting out our outstanding orders. this is good new for both new customers and existing customers that eagerly await their new mics!

I can't say that it has all been doom and gloom though; every day, we seem to manage lots of smiles and spend together some very precious moments. I must say that this is what life is, an accumulation of special moments, all glued together to create a collage of amazing memories and cherished moments.

I noticed that the question was raised in regards to Phelicity's operations and why the USA. In Australia, we have an amazing medical system, but it is a case of simple math; Phelicity's conditions are both so rare that we simply do not have enough cases in Australia each year to be able to develop new techniques and procedures for her complex conditions. Our doctors in the USA Dr. Mark Galantowicz, Dr. John Cheatham and Dr. Cliff Cua are seeing more cases each year than the Entire Australian Medical System will see in a lifetime. This is why we need to be here. These three men are 3 of my closest friends, a friendship that we have bult over the entirety of phelicity's life, this too makes it an easier decision when we place her life in their hands on a daily basis.

Well this seems to be my longest rant on GS, thanks again all for getting in touch with us, you truly are making each day more enjoyable.

I do love the industry we are in, our love for the arts is spurred on by our ability to love and cherish life.

thanks.
Old 19th November 2012

Ben we are there with you man. From a guy who 2 little kids this has effected me on such a deep level. My prayers are with you and your family. You are a good man and doing everything you can do for your baby. Much love and respect.

James
Old 19th November 2012
Gear Addict

Another donation !!! Kick butt Phelicy !!! If your Desire is as big as your smile ...You'll be just Fine
Old 19th November 2012
Lives for gear

Good to see you chime in, Ben!
And with some good news, too.

Henk
Old 21st November 2012
Lives for gear

Bump.

And while I'm here, let me take the opportunity to put a spotlight on Eliza, too. She takes care of the BeesNeez online shop, answers many questions etc.
I can only go by my own experience of course, but IMO she does a good job.
And although from my end of the globe I can only guess, I don't think I'm far off when I assume she's been taking some extra load.

Henk
Old 23rd November 2012
Once I was crashed by a car. And I was four years old. I received alot of care and love. Now I am a healthy man of 43. And I have three kids of my own. Kids are very though. And when you give them love and care they will be even stronger.

I wish you and your loved ones well...
Old 23rd November 2012
Gear Addict

Our prayers are with you Ben and Family!
I also have kids and grand kids and you guys are doing a great job holding everything together.
Eliza is doing a great job holding down the fort.
Peace and love to all of you.
Larry
Old 24th November 2012
Lives for gear

Donation made.

Best of luck to everyone involved
Old 30th March 2016
Gear Addict

Since I started this thread, I guess I will pass on the news, that beautiful little girl has left us to be in a better place. Your donations helped get the family back home so she could have her last days back home which is what she really wanted.
Old 31st March 2016
Lives for gear

Very sad news. RIP Phelicity. My thoughts are with Ben, Veronica, and family.
Old 31st March 2016
Gear Addict

This is so sad. I look at my son and cannot imagine what I'd do if ...
I hope the family can get over it some day. I wish them all the power and luck for their way! Shiploads of power and luck!
Old 31st March 2016
So sad to hear. My thoughts are with the Sneezby family.
Old 1st April 2016
Gear Head

So sad to read of this. Rest in Peace Phelicity. My condolences to the Sneesby family.
Old 1st April 2016
It's a heartbreaking situation. At least some caring spirits helped them and they were able to spend some time together at home. Heartfelt condolences to their family.
Old 9th April 2016
RiF
Lives for gear

This is so sad. I have a little girl myself and can still only remotely imagine what the Sneezbys are going through... I wish you everything that helps.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search