The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tom Yorke's Eraser album
Old 16th July 2006
Lives for gear

Tom Yorke's Eraser album

Have you guys had a listen at the Eraser album yet? Nigel Godrich produced. It seems like a pretty sweet album to me. Nice use of samples/loops. All of the songs are very short and to the point. It doesn't bash me with an overmastered wall of sound, but it's not as delicate as some of the Bjork albums are.
Old 16th July 2006

I bought it cause I'm a radiohead fan. This sound is getting a bit spent for me. Though I do like it... but don't love it. I LOVE Kid A. That was a great record. But since then, they have been rehashing the same sound (clever, long, electronic tunes that really end up going no where!!!). I hope it's a way to Thom's "artsy fartsy" side out. It would be nice to see another rocking Radiohead record again that has songs with a chorus in them!!!
Old 16th July 2006

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search