The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
002 Rack I/O Setup Help
Old 15th July 2006
Here for the gear

002 Rack I/O Setup Help

I've recently purchased a 002 Rack to upgrade from my mbox. However, I can't seem to setup the I/O within AMS so that they all show up correctly in Protools/DP/Logic, etc. AMS won't let me add any new I/O's to the existing Digi 002. I've also gone through Protools to add I/O's, but it doesn't save when I close the program. Any help???
Old 16th July 2006
Lives for gear

I've configured PTLE systems just about every way imaginable, but I have no idea what AMS is. Other than AMS-Neve or with regard to Impulse Responses.

Other than that, I could probably help. I feel dumb. It's probably obvious.
Old 16th July 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
I've configured PTLE systems just about every way imaginable, but I have no idea what AMS is. Other than AMS-Neve or with regard to Impulse Responses.

Other than that, I could probably help. I feel dumb. It's probably obvious.
Sorry about that... AMS is the Audio Midi Setup, where all devices are routed on macs.
Old 16th July 2006
Gear Head

What version of OSX are you using? Do you have the "aggregate device" setting configured in the audio midi setup?
Old 16th July 2006
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhaus
What version of OSX are you using? Do you have the "aggregate device" setting configured in the audio midi setup?
I'm running OSX 10.4.02.

I am not sure about the aggregate device setting. Can you give me more details about that?

Thanks so much!
Old 16th July 2006
Gear Head

Is 10.4.02 Tiger? I can't remember where the dividing line with the versions is.

When I got Logic 7, it wouldn't recognize more than 1 AD/DA unit and thus Logic couldn't route to the others. I had to upgrade to Tiger to use the aggregate device setting for it to work. You set it up in audio midi setup using the aggregate device editor in the audio drop-down menu. I'm not sure if this is your solution, but it sounds similar to the problem I had.
Old 16th July 2006
Gear Maniac

I would think this would involve Digidesign's Core Audio Driver?
Old 17th July 2006
Gear Head

OSX Versioning...

10.Major version.minor version

Major Version, ya gotta go to the store and cough up $130 for it

10.2.x = Jaguar (I think)
10.3.x = Panther
10.4.x = Tiger
10.5.x = Leopard

A Minor version is, to compare it to windows, more than a hotfix, Less than a service pack

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search