The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone know of a place to rent recording gear in Portland, OR?
Old 14th July 2006
Gear Maniac

Anyone know of a place to rent recording gear in Portland, OR?

Hello,

This is my first post but ive been lurking around these forums for some time now.... im not sure if this would be the right place to post this--sorry if it isn't.

Ive been looking for a place in/near Portland, OR that rents out studio equipment with no luck thus far... im going to be recording my band's 5-6 song album shortly and would like a few more tools in my bucket for the project.

anyone know of any places that do such a thing? or maybe there are some gearslutz out there in the area that are itching to try out some of their slutty gear and make a few bucks??

more specifically, im looking for:

- a 'nice' tracking compressor mostly for drums/guitar (something along the lines of the distressor i think would be a perfect fit...)

- a couple channels of nice preamps (i have the preamps in my board which work well but dare i say they're a little boring--id love to have access to some pre's that would be a step up from those and might offer a little bit more... well, pizazz? (api/neve/gr/ua/etc....)

- a yet-to-be-determined microphone for vox... im going to try and audition some microphones and find one that works well with my singer's voice and then decide which one to try and rent.

i have a microtech gefell umt-70s which i love dearly, however even though i do not have a ton of experience with high-end mics i believe i should be able to find a microphone that will work out better for my singer's voice.

i dont know how much difference having access to those things on my little wishlist will make on the overall project, but i do know i would love the opportunity to work with gear like that even if the differences aren't earth-shattering.

thanks,

-dan
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Larry Crane's (Tapeop) shop is there. Might have some contacts for you, or other help:

http://www.jackpotrecording.com/main.html

Maybe call Tom at www.tidepoolaudio.com

Steve
Old 15th July 2006
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the suggestions and links! I really appreciate it.

If anything, i might look into going to a studio for the vocal work on the project. We do thrive on the ability to take our time throughout the recording process--in fact, we many times use it as an opportunity to change or rewrite parts of songs. i guess im just really looking for a few extra pieces that might help 'push it over the top' you might say.

Thanks again!

-dan

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search