The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Germanium EQ, up and almost here!
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

New Chandler Germanium EQ, up and almost here!

Check the Chandler EQ out. For some reason I was thinking this whole time that Chandler was going to put out a API 500 style Germ. EQ. I hope they do at some point.
Old 14th July 2006
Gear Addict

do you know the price? my guess would be between 1,600 and 1,800 each.
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Thanks for posting the link...the eq looks to be as unique sounding as the preamp!

Kind of off-topic, but how much can one actually use a single channel of eq during tracking without knowing how the instrument will fit in the final mix?

I'm willing to bet Wade will run some introductory pricing similar to the release of the preamp...

-Chris
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear
Check the new gear alert thread.

I don't think Wade is doing the intro pricing thing, from what he said.
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrulesmore
Kind of off-topic, but how much can one actually use a single channel of eq during tracking without knowing how the instrument will fit in the final mix?
Trial and error - experience - practice- ****ing it up etc
Not everyone compresses or eq's to tape but if you know what you want to go down then it can save time later.
I'm a big fan of trying to get it right during tracking- for instance I almost always pull 220hz out of electric guitars when tracking to Protools- I'd rather get it out before the A/D conversion occurs.

JR
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
As much as necessary. You make the record when you hit the red button, not when you mix...

JP
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
...how much can one actually use a single channel of eq during tracking without knowing how the instrument will fit in the final mix?
That's a major part of our job...
Old 15th July 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
the eq looks to be as unique sounding as the preamp!

isn't there a kriz signature floating around, 'tell us if it looks like it will sound good'? hilarious!

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 15th July 2006
Lives for gear

I know it is currently in vogue to bash people for speculating on products prior to hearing them, but certainly you can agree that this is a rather unique design. I have two germaniums that are hands down the best preamp I have ever used, so the comment is not totally baseless. Whatever.

-Chris

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search