The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
looking for a studio drummer in LA
Old 13th July 2006
Here for the gear

looking for a studio drummer in LA

any one got any good suggestions????
Old 13th July 2006
Lives for gear

Based in SF but will do LA I believe.
Karl Wilcox. I did a record with his UK band Diamond Head a while back but he is about so much more than rock. Pleasure to work with.
Old 13th July 2006
Lives for gear

Get ahold of cajonezz on here. He's close to LA, and is a great drummer.
Old 13th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djui5
Get ahold of cajonezz on here. He's close to LA, and is a great drummer.

havent worked with cajonezz personally but i have heard his drumming and it is top shelf!!!!

send him a pm and i would bet he could send you some sample songs of his work.
Old 13th July 2006
Lives for gear

What level of drummer are you looking for? I mean, Dave Grohl lives in LA, so you could try getting him. (When I was working on a major label project he was asked, and politely declined.) Or you could also try getting someone like Joey Waronker.
Old 13th July 2006
Lives for gear

What are you looking for ? First call guy who can play anything but might be double or triple scale or young dude who'll do it for $150 or so ? Something in between ? let us know, I've got a great list of guys.
Old 13th July 2006
Lives for gear

It all depends what kind of drummer you're looking for and wich level and how much you're ready spend on a drummer too. I could get you maybe Celine Dion's drummer!!! As it wa said, it all depends waht u're looking for, there is a lot of Talent drummer ou there...

Peace and good luck!!
Old 13th July 2006
Lives for gear

What style?

-R
Old 13th July 2006
Lives for Jesus

I have some Great guys here in Orange County all styles

PM me...

steve

Old 13th July 2006
Lives for gear

I got the studio drummer in LA and he is the best I have worked with in 11 years of doing this.. Michael Kinkade...PM me for his details.
Old 13th July 2006
Lowdbrent
Greg Bissonette is in LA. He's affordable.
Old 13th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar
It all depends what kind of drummer you're looking for and wich level and how much you're ready spend on a drummer too. I could get you maybe Celine Dion's drummer!!! As it wa said, it all depends waht u're looking for, there is a lot of Talent drummer ou there...

Peace and good luck!!
He must be GREAT if he play with Celine......
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybrown
yes, as all the above posts say - WHAT STYLE ARE YOU LOOKING FOR, WHAT SORT OF PROJECT, AND HOW MUCH $?
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Call Randy Cooke

He is a recent Canadian export. He was the top call guy in Toronto. Randy absolutely smokes. My guess is that he can probably be had for a reasonable price. Give him a call , you won't be dissapointed

http://www.myspace.com/randycooke

www.randycooke.com
Old 14th July 2006
Forrest Robinson. Known most for funky and jazzy stuff, but loves to play metal and has his Latin chops together too. Versatile as a pro should be.

http://www.forrestrobinson.com
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Daniel Glass. Deeply experienced in big band, swing & rockabilly, & I've heard him play rock, funk, motown & pop stuff great too. And he reads fluently.

http://danielglass.com/
Old 14th July 2006
Gear Addict

try this guy...

[email protected]

toby's or any of the guys he knows are great.

anthony
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybrown
Jim Keltner, Vinnie C, etc.

Just look at any record credits and call Local 47 for the contact info.
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfrigo
Forrest Robinson. Known most for funky and jazzy stuff, but loves to play metal and has his Latin chops together too. Versatile as a pro should be.

http://www.forrestrobinson.com

thumbs way up on forrest... an incredible drum and bass drummer as well...

also, check this consummate pro

www.hermanmatthews.com

oscar seaton is another name to know...
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soultrane

thumbs way up on forrest... an incredible drum and bass drummer as well...

also, check this consummate pro

www.hermanmatthews.com

oscar seaton is another name to know...
Oh yeah.. Herman Matthews is cool...

i personally like Abe Laboriel Jr.'s drumming the best in LA.
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'd be happy to take a stab at a track, if I'm the right guy- I'm working out of a studio 45 min south of LA.

I don't know what style your looking for, or what your budget is, but I know a boat load of guys some with big names, some not, but all amazing players. Feel free to PM me.

I'm trying to do more producing these days and I have a short list of players that I'd love to have on a track. in no particular order

1. Jim Keltner
2. Josh Freese
3. Brian Tiche
4. Matt Chamberlin
5. Dana Hawkins ( just saw him with meshel ndgelocello ..... omg. )
6.Chris " Daddy " Dave ( actually a Houston guy, but my current fav drummer in the universe)
7.Ricky Lawson
8. Abe laborial jr.
9. Frank lentz
10. any one of another 30 players in so. cal. There are so many capable guys, plenty that are under the radar screen. It really depending on what you want. Not to mention, quite a few guys doing FTP/digidelivery sessions on demand.
Old 14th July 2006
SRS
Lives for gear

I offer that service, entirely online. PM me or email me through my web site... We can discuss it.
Old 14th July 2006
Here for the gear

hey guys,
thanks for all the advice. i was looking for someone to do drums for a female singer songwriter and her husband. they play pop country with a slighty punk feel. i've decided not to go any further with this project, so can keep working my band, a friends band, and keep building gear. plus i've been on the road for the last two months so its nice to be home and working on projects with friends.
cheers,
cody
Old 14th July 2006
SRS
Lives for gear

CodyBrown,
Sounds like an interesting project they have going. I would be interested in working on that as it sounds. I understand you are not working with it now, but if you want to provide them with a shameless reference link to me, that would be slutty cool. Thanks.
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRS
CodyBrown,
Sounds like an interesting project they have going. I would be interested in working on that as it sounds. I understand you are not working with it now, but if you want to provide them with a shameless reference link to me, that would be slutty cool. Thanks.
Who is the drummer at your studio? As far as I could see from your site, you only say "your drums are recorded...".

-R
Old 14th July 2006
SRS
Lives for gear

The drummer is me. I have been playing drums for almost 30 years. And recording them on my own for about 14 years. I do have other resources as well for specific needs for drumming and hand percussion if needed. The analogy of "your drums are recorded..." is the fact that the drums (tracks) will be yours to use how you wish (hence "yours"), so long as they are not re-sold in a raw track format. The actual drums however, are in my studio and owned by me. Thanks, and let me know if I can answer anything else. I don't want to make this a promotional thread. Contact me if you wish to discuss specifics. Take care.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search