The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Radar - Protools conversion Help
Old 12th July 2006
Lives for gear

Radar - Protools conversion Help

Does anybody know how this can be done?
How are the files stored on a Radar Back-up?
Format?
I know zip about Radar.
Thanks
Old 12th July 2006
Gear Addict

radar can burn a bwav cd/dvd that protools can import. I do it all the time.
Old 13th July 2006
Gear Nut

Hi T_R_S,

On RADAR, “Backup” is a RADAR project archival function in a proprietary format, and can’t be read by Pro Tools.
You should use the “File Export” function on RADAR. File Export will export the audio in BWAV format, which can be imported into Pro Tools, and using the “spot” function will locate the audio to the correct time code location in your Pro Tools session. On RADAR you can File Export to DVD-R, DVD-RAM, CD-R, external hard drive, or via Ethernet.
Another option is to record natively in BWAV format. Once you have recorded on RADAR in BWAV format, you perform the “File Flatten” function (quick about 10 seconds), and then you can remove the recording drive from RADAR and mount it on your Pro Tools system. Once mounted on your PT system, you can import all the time stamped BWAV audio files directly into Pro Tools.

Give me a call or an email if you would like to go over the specifics of performing this.
Old 16th July 2006
Gear Head

I exported my files from Radar onto DVD-Rs, but I can't get a computer to recognize them at all. Am I missing a step?
Old 16th July 2006
I transfer directly via lightpipe.
Old 16th July 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawatta
I exported my files from Radar onto DVD-Rs, but I can't get a computer to recognize them at all. Am I missing a step?
Does your computer read the DVD as a "blank disk" or a disk without any audio files on them?

Are you waiting for the DVD-R to auto eject out of the RADAR first? RADAR exports to the system drive first as a disk image, and then burns the disk. There should be a status bar at the bottom on your RADAR screen of the burn progress, after the "export complete" message.

If you put the disk back into RADAR, what does RADAR view the disk as?
Old 16th July 2006
Gear Head

the computer doesn't recognize the dvds as media at all.. i haven't put the dvds back into Radar to see what happens yet.. should be able to tomorrow or tuesday..

i waited until the dvd ejected, after it created the image and burned the disk..

does it matter that i'm using a dvd+r? i just noticed that..
Old 16th July 2006
Gear Nut

Currently RADAR only supports burning to DVD-R and not DVD+R.
Try it with a DVD-R.
What software are you running?
I believe we have a software fix that won't let users falsely burn to DVD+R disks.
I'll have to check what version that is on Monday.
Email me, and i'll let you know.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search