The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SCA and CAPI. User thoughts and opinions
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Head

SCA and CAPI. User thoughts and opinions

I have been looking around at both of these companies, weighing the pros and cons and really just wanted to see what others have come across, good or bad.
I like the idea of CAPI being 500 compatible vs SCA using only there rack. On the other hand SCA offers more flavors at a great price.
I am just looking to see why people went one way and not the other. I have an idea of what I want to do but to slow down the impulse of swiping the card, I am asking what made you chose one over the other?
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear

I have both. SCA for the N72's and J99's and CAPI for all things of that flavor!
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeurloo View Post
I have both. SCA for the N72's and J99's and CAPI for all things of that flavor!
That's actually what I was leaning toward but I am curious about peoples experiences with the two companies.
Old 26th September 2012
Lives for gear

Both are great. If you've never done DIY do CAPI first. They are a little easier to build.
Old 26th September 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeurloo View Post
Both are great. If you've never done DIY do CAPI first. They are a little easier to build.
Good to know. I think I will do that. I have some experience with soldering but not DIY kits.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search