The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Synth for the road with digital output?
Old 24th September 2012
Here for the gear

Synth for the road with digital output?

Hi all, first post.

I'm looking to buy an analogue or VA. based synthesizer with about 37 or 49 keys.

I had a microkorg at my disposal for several months, and I liked having the thing around. It was my turn to when having no inspiration...

Now that its gone i miss it

It came with a heavy Audio interface, cables, connectors, jacks and more cables which was a bit too much for me as i never touched the A/I after the installation...

That said i'm thinking of buying something that could replace my current usb midi keyboard with a 'usb midi + synth keyboard'...

As u guessed correctly i don't want to buy an A/I as i'm all in the box compact, mobile, on headphones.

Somewhat later i discovered the Korg R3 on the net and was surprised to find it had usb connection and a software editor for creating sounds! Looked very promising! Unfortunately and to my frustration it didn't send out Digital audio through USB. (audio converters exist at the size of matchboxes these days ...Why not have one build in i thought ?)

So my question is, does anyone know of a synth that has digital audio output over usb (or other pluggable dig. output), with analogue or VA based synthesis, preferably with software editor?

i know i'm asking a lot here,
I dont know much about brands etc, i only know what i want

Many Thanks,

Tristan.
Old 24th September 2012
Here for the gear

I think the Novation Xiosynth might be something for you!
Old 24th September 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansR View Post
I think the Novation Xiosynth might be something for you!
very close, thanks!

Looking at the website what do you think of the ultra nova?
Old 24th September 2012
Lives for gear

Studiologic Sledge

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 25th September 2012
Here for the gear

Novation has a typical sound, you have to like it though. I'm convinced that the ultranova sounds good, since I loved my old supernova.

Have you seen the mininova as well?
Old 26th September 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansR View Post
Novation has a typical sound, you have to like it though. I'm convinced that the ultranova sounds good, since I loved my old supernova.

Have you seen the mininova as well?
i've looked at it yes, looks great!

microkorg 2.0 ^^

but i found an ultra nova at the price of the mini nova, mint condition, barely used! What would u pick ^^ ?

heading over tomorrow.

cheers.
Old 26th September 2012
nms
Lives for gear

A used Virus TI polar would be an obvious one as it can fill the role of synth, controller, USB audio interface for a nice portable setup. Next you add a minitaur!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search