The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Waves Doubler
Old 3rd July 2006
Lives for gear

Waves Doubler

I think this things awesome.

Im not aware of any other similar plugs.

Are there any guys.

Cheers
Old 3rd July 2006
Here for the gear

Yeah, there are only a few Waves plugs I use regularly, and this is one of them. The UAD-1 Dimension D sounds nice, too, but the Waves Doubler gives you way more control.

I usually use it to give some stereo width to a mono guitar or keyboard.
Old 3rd July 2006
lwr
Gear Addict

i love it. i use it all the time

theres a track i just finished in the mp3 section where i used it on a screamo singer. and i love the sound it gave.

i usually use +9 and -9 detune, with a 10ms and a 20ms delay each side. it rocks!
Old 3rd July 2006
Lives for gear

Personally I much prefer Audio damage Discord2
Old 3rd July 2006
Lives for gear

Eventide Octavox blows Waves doubler away
Old 3rd July 2006
Mastering

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWave
i love it. i use it all the time

theres a track i just finished in the mp3 section where i used it on a screamo singer. and i love the sound it gave.

i usually use +9 and -9 detune, with a 10ms and a 20ms delay each side. it rocks!

I thoroughly agree about the Waves doubler. I wish it had a 6 output version! But nothing beats singing the same part again by a good singer.

BK
Old 3rd July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob katz
I thoroughly agree about the Waves doubler. I wish it had a 6 output version! But nothing beats singing the same part again by a good singer.

BK

Does this mean you use the 4 voice version most of the time?
Old 3rd July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S
Totally. Quadravox too.

I'm never using the Waves again.
Old 4th July 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by robot gigante
Totally. Quadravox too.

Is that for Power Core?
Old 4th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu
I think this things awesome.

Cheers
I'm with you! very usable plug in!thumbsup
Old 4th July 2006
Lives for gear

I love it. Eventide is also wicked.
Old 4th July 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S
it does but its TDM only. for native i use doubler.
Old 21st April 2011
Lives for gear

The Doubler is $38 right now at Waves.com. I don't have it, but I am not sure if it is really better than a digital delay in Cubase. I could just add a 15 milsecond to a vocal track. Would this Doubler do much more?

Found this on a old thread.
"The Waves Doubler is cool because it evokes the old doubler style effect from the H3000 and later, where one voice is fixed and the other(s) are swept with an LFO with the intensity and speed at the user's control. So the second voice can drift a little sharp then a little flat and so on so it sounds more like a real double."
Old 21st April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
The Doubler is $38 right now at Waves.com. I don't have it, but I am not sure if it is really better than a digital delay in Cubase. I could just add a 15 milsecond to a vocal track. Would this Doubler do much more?

Found this on a old thread.
"The Waves Doubler is cool because it evokes the old doubler style effect from the H3000 and later, where one voice is fixed and the other(s) are swept with an LFO with the intensity and speed at the user's control. So the second voice can drift a little sharp then a little flat and so on so it sounds more like a real double."
much more. just look at the controls. doubler and/or soundblender are essential for me everyday. $38 is a no brainer.
Old 21st April 2011
Lives for gear

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it worked in 64 bit Cubase. Cubase has something which tries to do what Doubler does, but it doesn't work nearly as well.
Old 21st April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveschizoid View Post
I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it worked in 64 bit Cubase. Cubase has something which tries to do what Doubler does, but it doesn't work nearly as well.
Well it will work in 64 bit later this year when Waves provides their update. Then since there is a 1 year WUP on the plug in, you should be able to get the update for 64 bit for free.
Old 21st April 2011
Lives for gear

Apparently the developement team already missed the January '11 deadline on that, so they're not even offering a new prediction as to when it willl be ready. I am tempted though, because I could always open a given project in 32 bit Cubase, bounce the given track(s) through the doubler....
Old 21st April 2011
Lives for gear

I use it every once on a while too. I only wish it could go wider than 45 degrees to each side

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search