The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone know anything about these snakes? Signal Splitters (HW)
Old 6th September 2012
Here for the gear

Anyone know anything about these snakes?

Anyone know anything about these snakes? They look decent from the video.

The price is excellent, however the "you get what you pay for" adage comes to mind, so I'm not quite sure. Any experience with these, or opinions? Thanks!
Old 7th September 2012
Here for the gear

Anyone?
Old 7th September 2012
sorry, i don't. but that is a great price.
Old 7th September 2012
nms
Lives for gear

How about these ones?
Old 8th September 2012
Lives for gear

I just started shopping for snakes. I see it's 35lbs while others are 55 lbs for the same length and feeds.
Old 8th September 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nms View Post
how about these ones?
hahahahahahaha!!!!!
Old 8th September 2012
Here for the gear

I doesn't look all to bad at all from the video. I can't really judge a snake on its weight.

I just want to make sure this isn't Hosa quality crap. I refuse to use that garbage.
Old 8th September 2012
Lives for gear

I'm wondering if lower weight means lighter wires and less shielding
Old 8th September 2012
Lives for gear
Don't know thse, but I have had great luck withwww.seismicaudiospeakers.com snakes and splitters. they are a tad more expensive.
Old 8th September 2012
Here for the gear

Piper yeah that would definitely make sense. I can't imagine even a lighter box being THAT much lighter. Although of its aluminum as opposed to steel that might make quite a difference. I dunno, its all speculation. I'll have to give the manufacturer a call and try to to get more information.
Old 8th September 2012
Gear Head

Just bought a 12 channel 4 aux one. Not very heavy duty, but it does the trick. I believe it's all PCBoard and surface mount jacks, so if one goes bad it's probably not going to be as easy to repair it.
Old 8th September 2012
Here for the gear

Yeah I noticed the PC board in the video, it made me think the same exact thing. What length did you get?
Old 10th September 2012
Lives for gear

Snakes by their very nature get abused. I would NEVER buy one that has a PCB for all of its connections. There is far too much in there that can be easily damaged and it would be way too hard to repair. There is a reason why companies like Whirlwind use solder connections from the cable to connector. It's because it lasts. The other thing I've seen with cheap snakes is punch connections- ie no solder. I would also avoid those like the plague.

There are a few places that are absolutely worth buying the good stuff. A snake is one of them. There are also plenty of snakes in good condition on the used market. I have a 100' 16x4 Whirlwind that I got for $75. If you are patient and look carefully, you should have no issues getting a good snake for a reasonable price.

--Ben
Old 11th September 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Snakes by their very nature get abused. I would NEVER buy one that has a PCB for all of its connections. There is far too much in there that can be easily damaged and it would be way too hard to repair. There is a reason why companies like Whirlwind use solder connections from the cable to connector. It's because it lasts. The other thing I've seen with cheap snakes is punch connections- ie no solder. I would also avoid those like the plague.

There are a few places that are absolutely worth buying the good stuff. A snake is one of them. There are also plenty of snakes in good condition on the used market. I have a 100' 16x4 Whirlwind that I got for $75. If you are patient and look carefully, you should have no issues getting a good snake for a reasonable price.

--Ben
words of wisdom my friend!

the last thing i want to do is try to fix a bad connection at a live gig.
Old 12th September 2012
Here for the gear

Well this isn't going to be used for live application. It's going to be a permanent fixture in a drum room.
Old 12th September 2012
Dude, save your cash and get the best cabling you can or you will end up paying for it five times over instead of buying the good gear first up and having it last.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search