The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
any experience with savvysuzie.com
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Head

any experience with savvysuzie.com

http://www.savvysuzie.com ive never heard anyone talk about this site but it looks like they have great prices
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Suzie's not an audio professional... Don't bother asking her any technical questions; she can barely program her VCR. You were smart enough to find her, you're also smart enough to find those answers elsewhere... She knows what you really want; no frills, low prices. You don't want to pay for service. You don't want to pay for support. That's fine with Suzie, because all she can offer you are low prices....
well they sure are letting everyone know where they are coming from up front...
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Addict

Suzie is also not a Soundelux dealer. Nor is Suzie listed as a Royer dealer, Millennia dealer, and probably not for any of the other lines listed.

I am sure they will be glad to charge your card and make excuses as to why they can't supply anything...
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

Site looks pretty cool.
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Nut

how long

How long has the site been up? I'd also be interested to see if anyone has used this site. Looks cool, nice language, up front. I hope they are as honest as there website?

stephen
Old 11th July 2006
Gear Head

against some of the advise here i went and got a lavry ad-da from this site. the transaction was very smooth. i talked to suzie a few times and she made me feel pretty good about the whole thing and i'm glad i did because it was the best price i could find.

i would by from this site again
Old 11th July 2006
Lives for gear

"Suzie runs a lean, mean price-grinding machine. There is no fancy storefront. There is no friendly customer service person manning a phone. There are no so-called “experts” available to help pick out the right product. Suzie simply doesn’t have the time for all that nonsense."

experts = nonsense. Hmmmm.

Lemme guess: when everything goes well, it's fine, but when something happens (gear failure, especially on a weekend, or maybe shipping loss or damage) you're gonna be on your own.
Old 11th July 2006
Gear Addict

And you can get a Lavry 4496 4AD for $2,26.00
Old 12th July 2006
Gear Nut

Huh? Drawmer 1968 for $1599?
Old 12th July 2006
Gear Addict

Again, they are not a dealer. So good luck getting delivery or warranty service.
Old 12th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebjerome
And you can get a Lavry 4496 4AD for $2,26.00

That would be a good deal but I suppose you mean $2226.

But I see where the 'street' price is $2500. I would personally spend the extra $224 to get it from a knowledgeable, service oriented dealer. That's just me, though.

Also, according to suzy's own description, she doesn't sound very savvy.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search