The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any NAMM Badges?
Old 27th June 2006
Any NAMM Badges?

Can anyone hook us up with 3 NAMM badges? We would only really need to just borrow them. We want to visit the exhibition floor just one afternoon. Dont need them for the whole time. We live here in Austin, and just wanted to see the exhibitions floor.

PM me or whatever if you can help us out.

Thanks!

Kurt
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Head

I'll have 3 available Friday afternoon-
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

I'd like to stop in as well, if possible.

Thanks!
Max
Old 28th June 2006
Lives for gear

I think you can get a badge buy joining http://www.narip.com for HUNDRED and twenty bucks . It doesnt say that In the dues put Im pretty sure the hook you up
with NAMM tics.
Old 28th June 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhknicks
I'll have 3 available Friday afternoon-
Hi JHKnicks :-)

I PM'd you about hooking up on these. Thank you mucho! We can work out the hook up however would be most convinient for you, and can return them however you wish. We would only want to check out the floor for an hour or 2, that would be it.

thanks again!

Kurt
Old 29th June 2006
Lives for gear

http://www.grammy.com
Its not narip Its NARAS the grammy people you join for a hundred dollars and the give you a namm badge.I know last year the where busting people right and left and asking for Id with the badge.I dont think its like the good ol days any more.
Old 30th June 2006
JHKnicks, I PM'd you but did not hear back. I am still willing to call or meet in any way you need to set this up and only need to borrow for a couple hours.

If any other manufacuter, retailer, or attendent can help us out, I would much appreciate it. Please PM me or reply if you can hook us up with 3 or 4 passes for just a couple hours on Friday or Saturday afternoon (if we can get 4, I was gonna try to take another Gearslut in with us, one I met from San Antonio, very nice chap).

Big C, we cannot afford to buy such memberships at this time. I used to belong to all the various things, but everything is going into making music at this time, and buying the gear to do so. Thx for the info though.

I hope one of the retailers or manufacturers we are patronizing so much these past weeks will consider helping us get in to visit them.

Thank you much,

Kurt T.
Austin
Old 30th June 2006
Lives for gear

Just to let you guys know, NAMM has cracked down on badges for manufacturers. They have people at the entry doors checking ID. If your ID is not the same name on the badge you have, they take the badge.

Now you may get away with it, and you may not....Its luck of the draw I guess.

So good luck....but don't be surprised if you don't get in.
Old 30th June 2006
ouch, OK. Oh well, we may let that pass then. thanks for the info Alan

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search